Personalized jewelry box for my BM's gift--2 questions-

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
  • VIP Member
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:07 PM

I want to get my BM's an engraved jewelry box as part of their gift. The issue is that I'm having a hard time deciding on what size jewelry box to get them, a smaller one or a larger one. Here are two I like, and the two diff sizes.

# 1- Tell me what you think about the sizes

and # 2- Do you have any other websites that have similar stuff? (so i can compare prices etc)

Princess Jewelry Box

Figaro Jewelry Box

The rest of their gift will consist of their jewelry, I saw ear rings at Swarovski that I'd like to get, and also lil individual things for each girl. (3 girls total)

Gracious.

#2 BachataBride

BachataBride
    • Banned
    • 9,310 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:20 PM

I think I like the square one better, but I like that you can put 2 lines of personalized message on the round one. Sorry..not much help I guess!!
      I did just come across this website though...Engraved Gifts to say thank you... it's from the UK but they ship overseas.
      Oh...and I found these on ebay if you're interested! Wedding 5 Bridal Party Personalized Tote Bags - eBay (item 200262832476 end time Oct-19-08 07:36:55 PDT)

Good Luck!

#3 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
      • VIP Member
      • 3,160 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:26 PM

I like the square one better too :o) I will take a look at the sites you sent, thanks so much!!

#4 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:18 PM

Hey Quelicious. I only like the square one out of those choices. Personally, I would prefer a smaller jewelry box, cuz I like to have a few little boxes that sort my stuff into categories. Perhaps that's the anal in me, but when it's all in one big thing, you can't see everything.

I can't offer you up places to look for alternative ones yet, cuz I don't have much time to internet browse today, but I will look for some later....

Oh, just had a thought, does it have to be sterling silver? I know that places like Ten Thousand Villages have really cool ones. Something like that would be more my style though, so ti might not be what you're looking for...

Ok, so I couldn't resist and went to check if Ten Thousand Vilages had anything cool. No time to upload the pics, so just going to post links...
          Handmade Embossed Floral Keepsake Box from India || Fair Trade Handicrafts from Ten Thousand Villages
          Handmade Fretwork Shesham Box from India || Fair Trade Handicrafts from Ten Thousand Villages
          Handmade Tree of Life Tea Box from India || Fair Trade Handicrafts from Ten Thousand Villages
          Handmade Jacquard Mirrored Jewelry Box from Nepal || Fair Trade Handicrafts from Ten Thousand Villages
          Handmade Large Batik Painted Bamboo Box from Indonesia || Fair Trade Handicrafts from Ten Thousand Villages
          Handmade Reverse Painted Jewelry Chest from Peru || Fair Trade Handicrafts from Ten Thousand Villages
          Handmade Shesham Wood Box from India || Fair Trade Handicrafts from Ten Thousand Villages
          Handmade Tree of Life Box from Vietnam || Fair Trade Handicrafts from Ten Thousand Villages
          Handmade Tree of Life Wooden Box from India || Fair Trade Handicrafts from Ten Thousand Villages

Crap, just realized that I didn't check the sizing on any of those, but I have to run to my meeting now, check back with ya later...

#5 Wisco4

Wisco4
          • 666 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:22 PM

I like the 2nd one best. Very cool idea by the way.

Check out Etsy.com for jewelry..there are some awesome things on there and very reasonably priced.
            ~Amanda

#6 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
            • VIP Member
            • 3,160 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:31 PM

ha car u're funny.

thanks!

#7 Cattie

Cattie
              • 594 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:32 PM

oh I love the tree of life ones. I think they have so much meaning. Maybe putting a nice letter to each of your bridesmaids in it would be a nice touch. I'm going to have to save that link!!

#8 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:49 PM

Jac - did you check any of the links I posted? Just wondering if I helped ya out at all...

#9 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,160 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:58 AM

yes c, thanks!! now im more confused hahahaha gee THANKS CAR! nah kidding. but i love the wooden ones a lot! im just trying to think if the girls would rather have silver or wood. im thinking the silver would be nice with the swar. earrings, kinda matches alil, kwim.

#10 boscobel

boscobel
                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:12 AM

Totally, and it's your gift, so you don't have to listen to me at all!

I can try to do some more searched in a little bit for you, cuz today is way more calm at work then yesterday was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users