tell your "I love you" story

rodent

I was thinking the same thing about having a thread for this after reading your story in the book post!!

FI & I started dating in high school. We fell asleep on the couch watching a movie one night and woke up nose to nose. We started kissing and I knew right away he was something extra special. A while later we were driving to my house and he kept saying "I really really like you!". It wasn't in an i'm trying to tell you something way. It was him realizing it as the words were coming out of his mouth. It was so sweet, special, and perfect for a couple of teenagers falling in love! love.gif

Ryan and I had been dating about two months and he was about to go to Canada for a trip. He was driving up there to get all his stuff moved down to Texas. We were laying in bed and he told me he loved me. I freaked out and kissed him and didn't say anything back to him. I felt really bad but I didn't know what to do although I was totally head over heels in love with him. The next day he was leaving for Canada and as he got in his truck to leave I jumped up in his lap and whispered I love you in his ear. He just smiled really big and kissed me.

we were really drunk.

that's the way good stories begin around here...

about 2 months after we met, we went out to celebrate our birthdays. after remembering somehting i had said the night we met, he bought me a hard to find louis vuitton purse as my gift. i knew that i loved him when i opened it, but didn't have the guts to say anything. on the way home, we were the annoying people smooching and whispering in the backseat...i asked him if he liked me a whole lot and he told me he loved me. i said it back. so now when i ask if he loves me whole lot.

great thread!

well, we went on our first trip away together to Savannah, Georgia for our first Valentine's Day. We went to dinner on VDay and my DH ordered this decadent dessert with chocolate, berries and whipped cream. he took a knife and wrote on a linen napkin that was sitting on his lap "i (heart) u" - then when i turned to look at him, he was just sitting there holding up the napkin! how sweet and romantic is that?

we saved the napkin and when we moved in together, we had it framed and have it hanging in our bedroom. i should take a picture for you guys! elefant.gif

OK here is our story:

we started dating a month before I graduated college. I wasn't interested in dating anyone, because I knew I'd be moving so soon and it was such a busy time. Mike was persistant so I thought it wouldn't hurt to date him for a month before I moved.

After the first date, we saw each other every day. After 2 weeks of dating, I had to go to a meeting for an organization I was in. He came over before my meeting for dinner. I was planning to park in the garage near my meeting & lug in this huge box of t-shirts I had made for the club. He insisted on driving me there and carrying in the box of shirts in the pouring rain.

It's funny to think about it now, but back then I was not used to letting someone help me. Or maybe it was just that a guy never offered to help me. But I was blown away by how wonderful it was to have someone make things easier for me.

He came over after my meeting (we really couldn't get enough time together). I started crying because he was the nicest guy I'd ever dated and we only had a few weeks left in the same town. He asked why I cared so much & I told him it's because I was falling in love with him. he said he was already in love with me.

I didn't think you could love someone so fast, but here we are 5 years later and still in love.

Oh, & we obviously made the long distance thing work after I moved. Then after 6 months we moved to north carolina together.

Hank and I talked on the phone for almost three to four hours every night for three weeks before we officially met... (We met on eharmony)... We finally met on a Sunday, and ended up hanging out every night after he got off of work that week until Saturday, because he had to go to Boston for work. It was so weird not spending our time together after spending all of our free time together for a week... When he came back, he came over to give me the "presents" he had bought me. He got me a shot glass because he remembered I told him I collect them, perfume because he knew I had a crazy thing for all different perfumes, and a Boston piggy bank because I had told him I had been bad with my finances and was trying to get better... I was really touched that he did all this, and we discussed how we missed each other the two days he was away!! I jokingly said "You looooooove me" and He said "Yes I do. I love you." It was really weird, because we did not know each other long at all, but it was not weird at all at the same time. It felt right. We knew from the start that this was something special....

A few days before we met in person, Hank told me "I think this is a good start to a really great thing"... boy was he right!

Cute stories so far!!

Mine is a little long (like any post I end up typing on here!). Mike and I met while working at a hospital and were friends first. I had a rule that I wouldn't date anyone I worked with (this was something I came up with after I dated someone I worked with and it didn't work out and was really awkward afterwards) and I was also in my last year of school and didn't have a lot of time to worry about a relationship. Anyway, over a year after we met I ended up getting laid off, but luckily there was an opening at one of the other hospitals so I transferred until I could find a new full-time job. On my last day he asked me out on a date since we no longer worked together. Things started to move pretty quickly after that as we both were head over heels for each other and were together pretty much every day. I had never fallen for a guy so fast. About a month after we started dating, I ended up in the hospital that we worked at as a patient. I was diagnosed with a kidney disease as a kid, and had been in and out of the hospital since I was a kid. I hadn't had any problems for a couple years, but I was in pretty bad shape. Mike was with me day in and day out. I ended up having to get my left kidney removed, and he stayed on the phone with me pretty much all night the night before my surgery because I couldn't sleep. He was there first thing in the morning before I went in, and stayed in the waiting room until I was done. He was the first person I saw when I came out of the anesthesia. Since I had worked in that hospital for a quite a few years and knew everyone they pretty much let me walk around wherever I wanted. Once I was able to walk around I went down to Mike's department and left him a note in his desk and signed it with I Heart U. He brought the note to my room that night after he got off his shift, and said so does this mean you love me? I said yeah, and he said well you beat me to it because I love you too. He said he had felt that way for awhile, but since we had only been together for a short time he didn't want to say it too soon and scare me away. It was so sweet!