Sandals Dunns River, Jamaica Review

Sandals Dunns River

Sept 15th-23rd 2008

Honeymoon

We booked the Roman Honeymoon Concierge Room in the Genoa building. I would say the concierge and 24 hour room service makes the room upgrade worth every single extra penny.

The bus ride, I honestly enjoyed, I know not many say that, but I really did. It was only 90 minutes and great views, I was snapping photos the whole way. But than again I love leaving the resort and seeing REAL Jamaica.

P.S. if you don't wanna tip the baggage handlers at the airport. Carry your own bags! You can so "no, thank you"...

Upon arrival I was whisked away to the concierge counter for private check in, while my new husband found our bags and got them off to the bell man. We were in our room, not 6 minutes after getting off the bus. After 18 hours of traveling from Oregon, we fell into the bed, ordered room service and napped till dinner time. Again, not all rooms have 24 hour room service.

The food was great at all the restaurants, never had to wait for a table. There are a few food items that are definitely better in the states, but remember its Jamaicans trying to cook American style food, not Americans cooking American food.

Loved the pizza, italian (made it there 2 times) and Kimonos (also, ate here twice). We never had lunch or dinner at the buffet restaurant, we had plenty of other choices. The breakfast buffet was ok, but my choice for breakfast was marco polos. No dress code for breakfast there and very little people. Often there was only one other table in use, while we dined for breakfast.

The staff was phenomenal! Always smiling, singing to themselves, saying hi, asking how everything is. Really everyone we encountered on the island was great, not just the staff. I did encounter one grumpy staff member at the pizzeria, but maybe it was a bad day for him....we all have them...

Florence and Neal (the concierege staff) thank you for helping us with everything, including our cabana rental!

I will say, be sure to keep your "do not disturb" sign up when your in your room, housekeeping does open the door quickly after knocking.

I loved the turn down service, they always came while we were at dinner and about every other night we got a cute note/memento with the turn down service . I think, when they take your room number at the restaurants they then call and let house keeping know your out of your room.

IT WAS A GREAT TRIP! I cant wait to return...I could not have imagined a better honeymoon...Feel free to email me any questions or comments you have, I want to help you make your trip as special as mine. shannonlrp@gmail.com

Also, feel free to email me for pictures of my trip and the beautiful resort

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics