6 replies to this topic

#1 shannonlrp

shannonlrp
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:36 PM

Sandals Dunns River
    Sept 15th-23rd 2008
    Honeymoon

We booked the Roman Honeymoon Concierge Room in the Genoa building. I would say the concierge and 24 hour room service makes the room upgrade worth every single extra penny.

The bus ride, I honestly enjoyed, I know not many say that, but I really did. It was only 90 minutes and great views, I was snapping photos the whole way. But than again I love leaving the resort and seeing REAL Jamaica.

P.S. if you don't wanna tip the baggage handlers at the airport. Carry your own bags! You can so "no, thank you"...

Upon arrival I was whisked away to the concierge counter for private check in, while my new husband found our bags and got them off to the bell man. We were in our room, not 6 minutes after getting off the bus. After 18 hours of traveling from Oregon, we fell into the bed, ordered room service and napped till dinner time. Again, not all rooms have 24 hour room service.

The food was great at all the restaurants, never had to wait for a table. There are a few food items that are definitely better in the states, but remember its Jamaicans trying to cook American style food, not Americans cooking American food.

Loved the pizza, italian (made it there 2 times) and Kimonos (also, ate here twice). We never had lunch or dinner at the buffet restaurant, we had plenty of other choices. The breakfast buffet was ok, but my choice for breakfast was marco polos. No dress code for breakfast there and very little people. Often there was only one other table in use, while we dined for breakfast.

The staff was phenomenal! Always smiling, singing to themselves, saying hi, asking how everything is. Really everyone we encountered on the island was great, not just the staff. I did encounter one grumpy staff member at the pizzeria, but maybe it was a bad day for him....we all have them...

Florence and Neal (the concierege staff) thank you for helping us with everything, including our cabana rental!

I will say, be sure to keep your "do not disturb" sign up when your in your room, housekeeping does open the door quickly after knocking.

I loved the turn down service, they always came while we were at dinner and about every other night we got a cute note/memento with the turn down service . I think, when they take your room number at the restaurants they then call and let house keeping know your out of your room.

IT WAS A GREAT TRIP! I cant wait to return...I could not have imagined a better honeymoon...Feel free to email me any questions or comments you have, I want to help you make your trip as special as mine. shannonlrp@gmail.com

Also, feel free to email me for pictures of my trip and the beautiful resort
    -Shannon[SIGPIC]

#2 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
    • 1,047 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:12 PM

I love, love, love Sandals Dunns River Villagio!

Why don't you post your pictures here so all of the brides can see them?

These gals just love pics even if they aren't going there just yet!

#3 kaiko

kaiko
      • 37 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:02 PM

This is the resort we are leaning (heavily) towards for our "weddingmoon". I'm glad to hear you loved it. Thanks for the review and congrats on your marriage !

#4 Mrs.R2be

Mrs.R2be
        • 264 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 12:18 PM

Thanks for the review and a big congrats on your marriage, so wheres the pics?
          ~Mrs.R ~

#5 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,504 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:14 PM

Thanks for the review.

I did not have a very good experience trying to plan my wedding with Sandals, but we are thinking of trying it for a vacation.

I'd love to see pictures!

#6 shannonlrp

shannonlrp
            • 25 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:01 AM

Ok here are my pics...
              YouTube - Shannon and Shioan's wedding slideshow

It is a slide show of the whole wedding process. So, to save you time, I will let you know the Jamaica photos start 4 minutes and 54 seconds in to the slide show.

Feel free to watch the whole slide show...

Shannon
              -The new Mrs. Oudinot
              -Shannon[SIGPIC]

#7 kaiko

kaiko
              • 37 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:50 AM

Thanks for posting the pictures - you guys look sooo happy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users