Photo

Freeze-dried Petals?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 DWandMJ

DWandMJ
  • 274 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:33 PM

I was just informed that we will not be permitted to use silk petals due to our resorts environmental policy. In lieu of spending $40 per bag for fresh petals from the resort, I am trying to find the best source for freeze dried hydrangeas. Any suggestions?

#2 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
    • 2,777 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:01 PM

Here are some green ones. How many and what color do you need?

Freeze Dried Hydrangea Petals PREMIUM BLEND (natural) Hydrangea Petals Green, Blue, Red - 5 cups $19.50

#3 DWandMJ

DWandMJ
      • 274 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:07 PM

Thank you:)
        I was planning on doing about 60 cups for scattered coverage on the aisle and another 10 for tossing, but its looking a bit steep for my budget.

#4 Katiebelle

Katiebelle
        • 73 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:20 PM

I looked into the petalgarden.com

Towards the end of their pages they have 49.95 (maybe less) for some that are for aisle (not perfect). They are 60 cups I believe...then they have the organza bags and premium ones for tables and such!

Hope that helps!

You can order samples too...to test your premium colors!

#5 Katiebelle

Katiebelle
          • 73 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:23 PM

No, no! I am sorry it was flyboynaturals.com that had the flowers you are looking for! For some reason my brain went immediately to rose petals!

#6 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
            • 672 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:24 PM

Great Question! I am having a tough time with this as I am using freeze dried green and blue hydrangeas and am having a tough time finding them except for the Save-on-Craft site.

#7 DWandMJ

DWandMJ
              • 274 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:49 PM

I will definately check them out. Based on the added expense, I thinking that I would be willing to make some concessions and go with rose petals in an ivory/white/green mix. I found one website that carries both green and blue freeze dried roses for $16.95/8 cups ($99 for 64 cups), although I'm not sure if I'm sold on the green. I will definately order a sample to see what it looks like in person. Thanks for the suggestion!

Shop for Wedding Rose Petals - Studio FLauren

#8 RosieM

RosieM
                • Banned
                • 97 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:48 AM

Will you be able to bring freeze dried into MX? I thought they were pretty strict about bring real flowers in...

#9 DWandMJ

DWandMJ
                  • 274 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:15 AM

Freeze dried petals are real flowers. I've dropped a line to our wedding coordinator, I'm just waiting on a response to make sure that it is ok prior to placing the order. Hopefully she responds quickly so I can take advantage of the sale!

#10 sharibare

sharibare
                    • 33 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:29 AM

I was wondering how much rose petals were. But I think I like the hydrangeas better.

Thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users