Centerpiece Flower - HELP

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SASSYGIRL

SASSYGIRL
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:13 PM

Click the image to open in full size.

I have purchased these vases from IKEA and took them down to Cabo already. I am trying to order flowers for these to put on the long reception table. I have 6 total vases and they are 14" tall and few inces in diam. I want to be sure that the flowers are nice and tall and the MUST BE Fushia in color.

The email I got from the Flower Cart said this:
    "Option 1: fushia alstromeria tall 10 to 12 stems per vase, if you purchase the alstromeria by the bunch and put it in the vases yourself it's $10 a bunch with 10 stems per bunch.
    Option 2: Stargazer lilies $40 a bunch with 10 stems per bunch and 2 to 3 flowers per stem, $40 per bunch
    Or you can combine the lilies and the alstromeria together in your vases, both have long stems."

SOOOO my question is how may bunches do you think I should order and do you think I should go with both flowers or only one vs. another?

ADVICE PLEASE!
    Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08
    http://i83.photobuck....sabella034.jpg

#2 Janet

Janet
    • VIP Member
    • 7,459 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:52 PM

Those are the exact 2 kinds of flowers I ordered from there, so if you want pics you can look at my album. However, I never mixed them and I didn't put them in vases either.

The lillies are large and dramatic - I'm sure they would look great. I would also probably fill in with some greenery. We used Israeli Ruscus (just do a google image or look at my photos) and Tea Leaves. They are cheapo.

Alstromeria kinda look like mini-lillies, but they are not big and bright and dramatic. We used them for boutennieres only.

Have you considered gerbera daisies too? I think Christa used them last weekend, and Natasha too.

#3 MERRYME

MERRYME
      • 324 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:09 PM

I would do the lilies- they are large and showy and you would probably put 2 or three stems in the vase with greenery. Definitely get greenery. I would get at least two colors of greenery and they have to be different in shapes. Just to add contrast.

SOOO... 6 vases and 2 or 3 stems per vase= 12 or 18 stems so... just to be safe I would order 2 bunches. That would give you 20 stems to work with.

Also make sure you ask if all 2 or 3 flowers in each stem will be fully open as this will make a difference.
        Alegria Inn - Todos Santos
        22nd of December 2006

#4 BayBug

BayBug
        • 852 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:28 PM

What about calla lillies? I think they would look great with that type of vase.
          Angie

#5 Janet

Janet
          • VIP Member
          • 7,459 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:09 PM

That's a good point. I ordered three bunches I think, assuming 1.5 open blooms per stem, but I know I ended up with WAY too many! It was a nice problem to have though, because we had fresh flowers for our whole honeymoon.

#6 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:03 PM

I was going to suggest the gerber daisies too, they have long stems and come in fuschia and are so pretty.

Personally, I wouldn't do alstromeria, they're a smaller flower and to me almost seem really fragile.

I think the lilies will look beautiful! You can't go wrong with lilies!

#7 gkashmira

gkashmira
              • 1,962 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:12 AM

I agree lilies and gerber daisies! Of course I'm biased because those are the flowers we're using too
                Kashmira & Dan
                Happily married since June 16, 2007
                http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#8 leigh miller

leigh miller
                • 936 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:25 AM

lilies are large and hardy. i would go with those.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users