Hi all- new to Best wedding forum- Occidental Xcaret wedding Oct 09

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Chicagogirl

• 51 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:55 AM

Hi Moira!

First of all Congrats!!!! We are looking at November of 2009.

Anyways, we stayed at the Occidental XCaret this summer for a vacation!! If you want me to send you any pics, I would be more than happy too. Also let me know if you have any questions regarding the resort I might be able to answer some general questions!!!!

Good luck with your planning!

-- Jen

#22 moiraw69

• 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:33 AM

Thanks very much, my home e-mail is woofbag@gotadsl.co.uk. Could you tell me if there was entertainment every night? I'm concerned what we'll do after the wedding as there won't be enough of us to have a private reception. What blocks would you recommend we ask to stay in? We will be a mixed crowd with children also going. Any pics would be very appreciated.
      Good luck with your wedding planning, if you decide to come to Scotland I could help you out!!

#23 BachataBride

• Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:52 PM

Happy Planning!!!

#24 bethe14

• 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:42 PM

I'm also getting married at the Occidental Grand Xcaret, on April 30th, 2009. Kinda nerve racking to have to wait until you get there to plan with Edith, but from everything I have heard/read she does a really good job! I hope they're right!

#25 moiraw69

• 9 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 07:46 AM

Hi, I know i am quite worried as well. Hopefully it will work out fine. Do you have a lot of guests attending your wedding? Are you putting on a disco at the reception? I have only confirmed the date, I've received no other details have you? Did she mention anything about getting a blood test done? It might be different as I'm coming from Scotland and you are in the States..

#26 KLO

• 1,084 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:28 PM

& Congrats!

#27 bethe14

• 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:20 AM

Hey Moira - we have about 60 people coming out for the wedding, so we'll be having a private reception. Edith has sent me a menu and a list of extras, but it's all kind of confusing. We are planning on having a dj at the reception, either the one we can hire from them or just using an ipod. I'm still waiting to see prices. As for the blood test, we are not "officially" getting married there, so we're bypassing all the tests and everything.

#28 moiraw69

• 9 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:57 PM

Thanks for getting back to me, good luck and let me know how everything works out for you....

#29 kaiko

• 37 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:07 PM

Welcome Moira and congrats.

#30 Kathie

• 2,654 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:22 PM

Hi. Welcome to the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users