Rehearsal Dinner Location

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 princessina

princessina
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:35 AM

Hi, Ladies,

I wondering about locations that some have used or others are thinking about using for rehearsal dinner. Our actual ceremony will be at a vacation rental but I'm thinking about finding a local restaurant to have a rehearsal dinner at and wanted to hear your opinion.

We will be staying, as most of our bridal party, on the north shore. There aren't that many places easily findable via world wide web but I would love to hear any ideas or experiences. Thanks in advance!

#2 TA Dina

TA Dina
    • 181 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:27 AM

Jamesons by the Sea or Haleiwa Joe's.

Everything up there is VERY casual and while you probably won't come away thinking it was the best meal ever...both places are fun. I'd probably lean towards Joe's.

For better food and more choices you'd have to head down towards Honolulu or maybe go over to a place in Turtle Bay Resort.

#3 diezelgrrl

diezelgrrl
      • 67 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:24 AM

I actually took my group to Germaine's Luau. Everyone had a great time and it was a nice ice breaker for people who didn't know wach other...well most people bonded over laughing at us as we got pulled on stage numerous times to do the hula lol!

#4 princessina

princessina
        • 192 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:16 PM

Oh great! Thanks for the recommendations. I'm going to check out all three. Hopefully they have a lot of info on the world wide web :)

#5 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
          • 714 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:39 AM

Or for a really fun rehearsal dinner, why not take them to the best luau in Oahu? It is located on the North Shore called the Polynesian Cultural Center .

#6 princessina

princessina
            • 192 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:28 AM

Hey Jess,

Your right that is the best but we're actually planning on doing a trip there open to everyone. I'm just looking for a restaurant on the north shore for just the bridal party. Thanks~

#7 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
              • 714 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:14 AM

Jameson's is more expensive. We actually ate at Haleiwa Joe's and we liked it. But Jameson's has a better view and more romantic at night.

#8 princessina

princessina
                • 192 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:55 PM

Oh, that makes me feel better. We decided to go with Haleiwa Joe's. I'm glad to hear the food was good. Did you have to make reservations? If so, how far in advance?

#9 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
                  • 714 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:25 AM

Hi PrincessIna,

There were only two of us, Jed and myself so we did not need to make reservations. We liked the food and the atmosphere. It is quite friendly. We came from the beach and I was wearing beach attire (not bikini though) and they were cool about it. We were there at noontime. Flies can be a problem on the NOrth Shore. At first we didn't believe this but it is true. We ate outside and there were quite a number of them! So if you are going to be there during the day, don't eat outside if flies bother you.

I just realized that you will be there for dinner so perhaps flies shouldn't be too much of a problem.

BTW, who is your hairdresser and make-up artist? Do you want to be airbrushed? I can recommend Jacque Rojas if you don't need to be airbrushed.

#10 lmprophoto

lmprophoto
                    • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:50 AM

We LOVE Joe's... of course, it is right up the street from us, and the fishbowl sized Mai Tais are great for a happy hour drink... It really is a beautiful place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users