Jump to content

Photo

How much is your wedding costing you?


  • Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

#481 Peach

Peach
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,293 posts

    Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

    Originally Posted by MrsTobeD 

    OMG, I have only thought about what my budget is and in my head is 13-15, seeing this in written is frightening. Can you get a complementary package from your resort if you have certain number of nights booked?

     

    It all depends. Some places offer free wedding packages, some do not. It depends where you are, how many of you there are, and what you want. I would do some research for sure.



    #482 KK2013

    KK2013
    • Jr. Member
    • 244 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
    • LocationNew Jersey

    Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

    Originally Posted by MrsTobeD 

    OMG, I have only thought about what my budget is and in my head is 13-15, seeing this in written is frightening. Can you get a complementary package from your resort if you have certain number of nights booked?

     


    I was in for a big surprise when I actually sat down and plugged all my numbers into the budget calculator.  It's a scary number!



    #483 MrsTobeD

    MrsTobeD
    • Jr. Member
    • 288 posts

      Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:08 AM

      If I tell my FH anything about that number I am sure this would be us, me being the one getting hit. 


      I was in for a big surprise when I actually sat down and plugged all my numbers into the budget calculator.  It's a scary number!



      #484 MrsTobeD

      MrsTobeD
      • Jr. Member
      • 288 posts

        Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

        Above*

        Originally Posted by MrsTobeD 

        If I tell my FH anything about that number I am sure this would be us, me being the one getting hit. 



        #485 Sehausle

        Sehausle
        • Jr. Member
        • 156 posts

          Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

          Originally Posted by MrsTobeD 

          OMG, I have only thought about what my budget is and in my head is 13-15, seeing this in written is frightening. Can you get a complementary package from your resort if you have certain number of nights booked?

           

          Be wary of this option though because when we added up all the individual necessities they cost more than the package! Whoever they hired to build the packages knew what he/she was doing because at our resort were not allowed to trade or swap things out at all. I would recommend doing the math before just taking the free package.



          #486 KK2013

          KK2013
          • Jr. Member
          • 244 posts
          • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
          • LocationNew Jersey

          Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

          Originally Posted by MrsTobeD 

          If I tell my FH anything about that number I am sure this would be us, me being the one getting hit. 


          hahaha



          #487 megssweet1

          megssweet1
          • Jr. Member
          • 157 posts

            Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

            Yeah, ever since I found the photographer I want, I started getting concerned about cost. Ultimately, I don't want to sacrifice the photos. I make scrapbooks and am a bit of an amateur photographer myself. So we'll make it work. We are making payments through the travel agent website on our trip. If I do OOT and other stuff like that, it'll be kinda spread out. I will have a pretty nice bonus in February, so that'll go to the final payments. My FI makes a good living, but I just wanted it to come back a bit less.

            25K is easy to get to, but it's all about sacrifices if you plan to stay under... Resort costs and Airfare are what they are, but OOT bags and Invitations can vary greatly in cost.If you're smart about it (combined with deciding what you're willing to give up) you can get great deals and keep it reasonable.I was able to do our wedding for 10K but that doesn't include our honeymoon costs - since were going to Europe for two weeks I know that will be expensive as well but were putting it off for 6mos due to work.  Photography is a big part of your budget - but that might be more important to you. In the end people is a great way to cut costs - our extra cost per person was a whopping $130 - luckily we only have 2-4 extra people so just keep in mind if you have 20 people coming at roughly 100 a piece that can tack on a lot to your budget.



            #488 Jessica Correa

            Jessica Correa
            • Jr. Member
            • 270 posts

              Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

              Originally Posted by MrsTobeD 

              If I tell my FH anything about that number I am sure this would be us, me being the one getting hit. 


              I was in for a big surprise when I actually sat down and plugged all my numbers into the budget calculator.  It's a scary number!

               

              lol ah yea I am terrified of what the number will actually be as well. I hope this is a good year $$ wise



              #489 Jessica Correa

              Jessica Correa
              • Jr. Member
              • 270 posts

                Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

                Originally Posted by megssweet1 

                Yeah, ever since I found the photographer I want, I started getting concerned about cost. Ultimately, I don't want to sacrifice the photos. I make scrapbooks and am a bit of an amateur photographer myself. So we'll make it work. We are making payments through the travel agent website on our trip. If I do OOT and other stuff like that, it'll be kinda spread out. I will have a pretty nice bonus in February, so that'll go to the final payments. My FI makes a good living, but I just wanted it to come back a bit less.
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Sehausle 


                25K is easy to get to, but it's all about sacrifices if you plan to stay under... Resort costs and Airfare are what they are, but OOT bags and Invitations can vary greatly in cost.If you're smart about it (combined with deciding what you're willing to give up) you can get great deals and keep it reasonable.I was able to do our wedding for 10K but that doesn't include our honeymoon costs - since were going to Europe for two weeks I know that will be expensive as well but were putting it off for 6mos due to work.  Photography is a big part of your budget - but that might be more important to you. In the end people is a great way to cut costs - our extra cost per person was a whopping $130 - luckily we only have 2-4 extra people so just keep in mind if you have 20 people coming at roughly 100 a piece that can tack on a lot to your budget.

                 

                I think I am going with a nice small gift for my guests instead of the OOT bags. They really sound expensive!



                #490 Sehausle

                Sehausle
                • Jr. Member
                • 156 posts

                  Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

                  Originally Posted by Jessica Correa 

                   

                  I think I am going with a nice small gift for my guests instead of the OOT bags. They really sound expensive!


                  They don't necessarily have to be - I did a survival kit type thing as a "welcome gift" and then  wine stoppers as favors and I spent $150 total for 24 kits & 24 stoppers .... a mix of DIY (did the toppers of my survival kits myself) & shopping around. A small gift would be just as sweet and I am sure your guests will appreciate it : )




                  Back to Wedding Etiquette, Traditions, to dos


                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users