How much is your wedding costing you?

• Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

#411 Peach

Peach
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Shara1984 

I am recently engaged as of May 19th  It is my goal to only have the wedding cost 8k. I am nervous about this amount and I hope I can keep the cost down

It is totally possible.

Congrats!

#412 Melissa14

Melissa14
    • 304 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 27, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos
    • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

I am recently engaged as of May 19th  It is my goal to only have the wedding cost 8k. I am nervous about this amount and I hope I can keep the cost down

Oh to be recently engaged again :) Fun times!!

My advice: To keep your wedding cost down keep your guest list down and look for resorts that offer a wedding package that is FREE when you book a certain number of rooms.

Good luck and happy planning!!! Enjoy every second.

Marrying My 5th Grade "Boyfriend"...Life has a funny way of working itself out

#413 LisaJoy

LisaJoy
    • 64 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 7, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Montego Bay, JAMAICA

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

TOTAL $13,309

Dress - Maggie Sottero $1500

Resort - 10 days $5200

Airline - $1600

Photography - $1200

Flowers - $150

Misc - rings, clothing, gifts, alterations

I didn't care to go all out on DIY projects which look beautiful, but tend to spen a lot more unnecessary money.

#414 LisaJoy

LisaJoy
    • 64 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 7, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Montego Bay, JAMAICA

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

You can definitely do it in $8k.

TOTAL $13,309

Dress - Maggie Sottero $1500

Resort - 10 days $5200

Airline - $1600

Photography - $1200

Flowers - $150

Misc - rings, clothing, gifts, alterations

I didn't care to go all out on DIY projects which look beautiful, but tend to spen a lot more unnecessary money.  We have a total of 8 guests plus us.  I wanted it to be a small intimate event.  Destination wedding is the way to go with a limited budget. For sure!!  Good luck, have fun planning and CONGRATS!!

#415 itsjuliez

itsjuliez
    • 41 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:33 AM

I'm looking to keep my budget around 5-8k but after reading through this thread and seeing as my family is so big I'm so nervous! Luckily we have until February/March 2015! But is it too early to start talking to resorts? Most of the ones I've seen only have 2014 wedding packages posted.. Any one have any idea when 2015 are posted?

Thanks.

#416 itsjuliez

itsjuliez
      • 41 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

BTW- Congratulations on your recent engagement! It's so exciting! :)

#417 StephLB

StephLB
        • 171 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

My tentative budget is between $8000-9000 including the honeymoon.

#418 lorcas

lorcas
          • 297 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

We have a separate savings account linked to our joint checking account and when we get paid I transfer a set amount of money into it. Then right before we are paid the next time, whatever is left over gets transferred. Aside from our joint account that pays our mutual bills- rent, cell, car, insurance, credit cards, cable, groceries etc. we both have an allowance account- a separate savings that $200 from each paycheck goes into, so $400 a month- that's the money each of us uses to buy clothes, go out with friends, etc. I usually transfer leftovers from that account into my wedding savings as well. I've been extremely strict with our budget so believe it or not my allowance account gets high sometimes. I don't touch the wedding savings because I pretend it does not exist. The only time I use it is when I have to pay a vendor. But I like watching it grow- its a reality check when I compare costs of things that tells me whether I can afford a certain element or not.

I am taking your budgeting ideas and using them! Excellent way to save money and not go over budget. Thanks!

#419 lorcas

lorcas
            • 297 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by hessina85 

Looks like everyone's avg budget meets around 15K.

Yup! Glad to see this because my budget is 10-15k!

#420 Rpc51

Rpc51
              • 106 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

Hi ladies, my budget has sky rocketed since I posted it on here. WOndering if any of you ladies who are getting married in Cancun know of a videographer that is cheaper than $1100 for 4 hours? We booked our videographer for two hours and now im thinking that I will regret not getting a video of our first dance and cutting of the cake. I need serious help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users