Jump to content

Photo

How much is your wedding costing you?


  • Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

#361 J0hanna

J0hanna
  • Newbie
  • 81 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 3, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Villa Del Arco
  • LocationCabo San Lucas

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

Would anyone mind providing how much they had a budget for a wedding @ Dreams Los Cabos? I am purchasing the Dreams of Love package but trying to cut costs around the florist. I've even decided to go with the in-house photographer at dreams. they're photos looked really good. Where did you cut costs?

 

Im already at 6k not including my flight, dress flowers and other little things.

 

I'm nervous haha

 

Thanks!



#362 Melissa14

Melissa14
  • Jr. Member
  • 304 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 27, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

I'm getting married at Dreams on 7/27/13. My budget is now at 12k and I think that is realistic. Keep in mind that doesn't include the dress and decor costs but it does include an outside florist and photographer and travel. Hope that helps! Yes....I'm nervous too! lol
 


Marrying My 5th Grade "Boyfriend"...Life has a funny way of working itself out


#363 J0hanna

J0hanna
  • Newbie
  • 81 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 3, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Villa Del Arco
  • LocationCabo San Lucas

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Melissa14 

I'm getting married at Dreams on 7/27/13. My budget is now at 12k and I think that is realistic. Keep in mind that doesn't include the dress and decor costs but it does include an outside florist and photographer and travel. Hope that helps! Yes....I'm nervous too! lol
 

Ok, it does ! I told my fiance that IF we have to, I will up our budget to a max of 12k too. I really want the photo booth. I wanted to use it for the cocktail reception but minimum is 2 hours for 800 dollars. I though it would be a good idea for favors instead of buying some. that helps a lot. thank you!! and congrats to you! Can't wait to see pictures!

 

Who are you using for photos and flowers?

 

Thanks!



#364 Melissa14

Melissa14
  • Jr. Member
  • 304 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 27, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by J0hanna 

Ok, it does ! I told my fiance that IF we have to, I will up our budget to a max of 12k too. I really want the photo booth. I wanted to use it for the cocktail reception but minimum is 2 hours for 800 dollars. I though it would be a good idea for favors instead of buying some. that helps a lot. thank you!! and congrats to you! Can't wait to see pictures!

 

Who are you using for photos and flowers?

 

Thanks!


So funny I started off planning this wedding with your thoughts exactly. We gave up the photo booth for more photography time. I am using Gilda Badillo (Photographer) and Florenta Flower Designs as my florist.

 

I don't think I'll do favors since I want to do OOT bags.

 

If you need anything...ask away!


Marrying My 5th Grade "Boyfriend"...Life has a funny way of working itself out


#365 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
  • Member
  • 503 posts

    Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

    Originally Posted by Melissa14 

     

    So funny I started off planning this wedding with your thoughts exactly. We gave up the photo booth for more photography time. I am using Gilda Badillo (Photographer) and Florenta Flower Designs as my florist.

     

    I don't think I'll do favors since I want to do OOT bags.

     

    If you need anything...ask away!

     

    Okay, so I was thinking the same thing about favours vs. OOT bags. I know most people just throw away the favours, so is this considered acceptable, just having the OOT bag and not having a favour the day of?



    #366 J0hanna

    J0hanna
    • Newbie
    • 81 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 3, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Villa Del Arco
    • LocationCabo San Lucas

    Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

    Originally Posted by Melissa14 


    So funny I started off planning this wedding with your thoughts exactly. We gave up the photo booth for more photography time. I am using Gilda Badillo (Photographer) and Florenta Flower Designs as my florist.

     

    I don't think I'll do favors since I want to do OOT bags.

     

    If you need anything...ask away!

    Thanks. OMG, we have the same taste lol I wanted to have Gilda Badillo for my pictures as well. But, like I said, we are cutting costs wherever we can. I know pics are super important, but we really need to stay on a budget. For Florenta, how much are they charging you? Does Dreams work with them fpr the flowers that come with the packages? I want Calla lily bouquets. Also, what does OOT mean? lol I know those welcome bags for your guests ...right?

     

    Ok, I took comlplete advantage of your comment 'ask away'.

     

    Thank you again!



    #367 Melissa14

    Melissa14
    • Jr. Member
    • 304 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 27, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos
    • LocationLos Angeles, CA

    Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

    Originally Posted by J0hanna 

    Thanks. OMG, we have the same taste lol I wanted to have Gilda Badillo for my pictures as well. But, like I said, we are cutting costs wherever we can. I know pics are super important, but we really need to stay on a budget. For Florenta, how much are they charging you? Does Dreams work with them fpr the flowers that come with the packages? I want Calla lily bouquets. Also, what does OOT mean? lol I know those welcome bags for your guests ...right?

     

    Ok, I took comlplete advantage of your comment 'ask away'.

     

    Thank you again!


    I wish I would have cut more costs! I'm at 5 months to go budget stress!!! And it sucks!

     

    Google Florenta Flower Design and email Lola she is awesome and can give you prices for what you are looking for. My cost won't make any sense to you if you do something completely different for flowers.

     

    OOT means out of town bag. Stick to this website you will be a pro in no time lol

     

    No worries. I don't mind helping

    Attached Files


    Marrying My 5th Grade "Boyfriend"...Life has a funny way of working itself out


    #368 EVKnowsitall

    EVKnowsitall
    • Member
    • 593 posts

      Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:00 AM

      Question for everyone: Is it better to hold on to money in a savings account (with the risk of spending it lol) and pay vendors when the balance is due OR send payments in chunks??

      We have a separate savings account linked to our joint checking account and when we get paid I transfer a set amount of money into it. Then right before we are paid the next time, whatever is left over gets transferred. Aside from our joint account that pays our mutual bills- rent, cell, car, insurance, credit cards, cable, groceries etc. we both have an allowance account- a separate savings that $200 from each paycheck goes into, so $400 a month- that's the money each of us uses to buy clothes, go out with friends, etc. I usually transfer leftovers from that account into my wedding savings as well. I've been extremely strict with our budget so believe it or not my allowance account gets high sometimes. I don't touch the wedding savings because I pretend it does not exist. The only time I use it is when I have to pay a vendor. But I like watching it grow- its a reality check when I compare costs of things that tells me whether I can afford a certain element or not.
      Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

      #369 Melissa14

      Melissa14
      • Jr. Member
      • 304 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 27, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos
      • LocationLos Angeles, CA

      Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

      Thank you that's awesome advice.


      Marrying My 5th Grade "Boyfriend"...Life has a funny way of working itself out


      #370 hessina85

      hessina85
      • Newbie
      • 40 posts

        Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

        Me and my FI also have a joint accounts at our credit union one is for the wedding and the other is for our house down payment early this year after getting engaged we made a commitment to put aside money we set a goal , a budget , and do automatic transfers our bank is so far away from out home so that lessens our chances of spending the money also we opted not to get a bank card instead when we need to make vendor payments we go directly to our bank and take out exactly what we need in the form of a check.....all other bills we split evenly each month with my FI taking on some bills independently this has been working for us hope this is helpful




        0 user(s) are reading this topic

        0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users