Jump to content

Photo

How much is your wedding costing you?


  • Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

#341 Barash

Barash
  • Newbie
  • 72 posts

    Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

    Originally Posted by jrack 

    Wow..12K seems a lot for a destination wedding. I'm hoping to do a lot of things myself...so sticking to a 6K budget.

     

    I believe a 6K budget is quite realistic, and DIYs are saving so much! I did the invitations, my bouquet and his boutonniere, my bridal flip flops, birdcage veil. Will be doing myself the thank you cards, the favors and wedding programs. What I also like about DIY projects is that you can get exactly what you want.



    #342 hessina85

    hessina85
    • Newbie
    • 40 posts

      Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

      Wedding Budget: estimate $16,000 MAX to include,

       

      -Wedding dress=Compliments of my god-mother, which I am so thankful!!

      -Misc Wedding Attire (i.e. jewelry,garter,shoes,hairdresser,Mani/Pedi,groom's formal wear)= est. $1600

      -STD/Invites=Compliments of a close family friend, which I am also so thankful!!

      -Photography= est. $1440

      -Videography= still debating if I want this but I est. $800

      -Ceremony (i.e. site fee, officiant's fee/gratuity,guest book/pen/pen-holder)= est. $800

      -Reception (i.e. site fee, food, gratuity, party favors, rose petals/rice)= est. $5600

      -Stationary (i.e. seating/place cards,programs,thank you notes, stamps)= est. $640

      -Music Ceremony/Reception= est. $800

      -Bakery= * Wedding Cake included in wedding package* but I may add a groom's cake, cake topper, cake knife/Personalized Toasting Glasses (for bride & groom only)= est. $320

      -Flowers= *Bride Bouquet & Groom's Boutonniere included in wedding package*, Bouquets/Floral Hair pieces for MOH & bridesmaids, corsages for our mom/grandmothers, Boutonnieres for groomsmen/our fathers,ceremony site, reception head table/guest tables/buffet table/punch table/cake table= est. $960 

      -Decorations (i.e. center pieces/ misc.)= est. $480

      -Rental items (i.e. ceremony accessories,linen/tableware,lanterns)= est. $480

      -Gifts (i.e. OOT Bags, Bride/Groom gifts, Bridesmaids/Groomsmen gifts)= $480

      -Special Bridesmaids' Luncheon/Rehearsal Dinner/Day After Brunch=$640 flex spending but all food should be covered by all-inclusive resort, but I plan to book reservations at the different restaurants offered on the resort.

      -Misc (i.e. marriage license, bridal gown preservation)= est. $640

       

      GRAND TOTAL= $15,680........****$320 under budget****

      Still working out the logistics for our 5 night resort stay and extended honeymoon stay but our wedding package includes complimentary honeymoon nights,hairstyling & makeup application for bride. Detailed but I hope this helps!

       

      A-



      #343 TinkerSofi

      TinkerSofi
      • Sr. Member
      • 2,217 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
      • LocationCanada

      Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

      Originally Posted by hessina85 

      Wedding Budget: estimate $16,000 MAX to include,

       

      -Wedding dress=Compliments of my god-mother, which I am so thankful!!

      -Misc Wedding Attire (i.e. jewelry,garter,shoes,hairdresser,Mani/Pedi,groom's formal wear)= est. $1600

      -STD/Invites=Compliments of a close family friend, which I am also so thankful!!

      -Photography= est. $1440

      -Videography= still debating if I want this but I est. $800

      -Ceremony (i.e. site fee, officiant's fee/gratuity,guest book/pen/pen-holder)= est. $800

      -Reception (i.e. site fee, food, gratuity, party favors, rose petals/rice)= est. $5600

      -Stationary (i.e. seating/place cards,programs,thank you notes, stamps)= est. $640

      -Music Ceremony/Reception= est. $800

      -Bakery= * Wedding Cake included in wedding package* but I may add a groom's cake, cake topper, cake knife/Personalized Toasting Glasses (for bride & groom only)= est. $320

      -Flowers= *Bride Bouquet & Groom's Boutonniere included in wedding package*, Bouquets/Floral Hair pieces for MOH & bridesmaids, corsages for our mom/grandmothers, Boutonnieres for groomsmen/our fathers,ceremony site, reception head table/guest tables/buffet table/punch table/cake table= est. $960 

      -Decorations (i.e. center pieces/ misc.)= est. $480

      -Rental items (i.e. ceremony accessories,linen/tableware,lanterns)= est. $480

      -Gifts (i.e. OOT Bags, Bride/Groom gifts, Bridesmaids/Groomsmen gifts)= $480

      -Special Bridesmaids' Luncheon/Rehearsal Dinner/Day After Brunch=$640 flex spending but all food should be covered by all-inclusive resort, but I plan to book reservations at the different restaurants offered on the resort.

      -Misc (i.e. marriage license, bridal gown preservation)= est. $640

       

      GRAND TOTAL= $15,680........****$320 under budget****

      Still working out the logistics for our 5 night resort stay and extended honeymoon stay but our wedding package includes complimentary honeymoon nights,hairstyling & makeup application for bride. Detailed but I hope this helps!

       

      A-

      where are you planning on doing your wedding? 



      event.png

       

       


      #344 hessina85

      hessina85
      • Newbie
      • 40 posts

        Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

        Paradisus Palma Real in Punta Cana, DR

        #345 EVKnowsitall

        EVKnowsitall
        • Member
        • 593 posts

          Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

          I'm a Paradisus Palma Real Bride too!
          Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

          #346 JSLM

          JSLM
          • Jr. Member
          • 170 posts

            Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

            When I started the whole wedding process I for sure thought I could keep my wedding simple and costs low. With originally thinking 30 people would come, we're now at about 50 (hoping that does not go up). On top of that after seeing more and more ideas, themes etc... decided that we didn't want to skimp out on certain things. Plus getting married in Bahamas can be very pricey. My original budget was 15K max but I think with rings, our own trip etc we're hoping to keep it under 25K. I get anxious just thinking about the number.



            #347 FireyNurse

            FireyNurse
            • Jr. Member
            • 389 posts

              Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

              We didn't have a strict budget, or any budget for that matter, for the wedding but knew we wanted to DIY some things (invites and centrepieces, etc) and then splurge on other parts (photography and extending our reception) my mom was kind enough to help us out and pay for the photographer and she also paid for some of my dress. Otherwise this was all us and I am proud to say we had not a cent of debt when it was all over and done! What we started with budget wise was just wanting prices for our guests to be under $1500 per person and we went from there....

               

              $4100 travel (this was 2 weeks all inclusive of hotel/flights/drinks/food and this included a free upgrade to first class both ways and an ocean view suite - 1 week wedding and 1 week honeymoon)

              $4400 wedding package - meals/drinks/decor/flowers/ipod and speaker hook ups and extra reception hours

              $2790 wedding photography and TTD

              $2500 wedding videography

              $600 for outside vendor rooms

              $1350 dress and alterations

              $250 for bridal extras

              $450 grooms outfit

              $260 girls dresses

              $250 mens pants

              $100 gifts for party

              $50 favors

              $100 centerpeices

              $1000 wedding bands

               

              for a total of $18,200

               

              Those were our major costs, I didn't account for the extras like all the paper and such that I had to purchase for the DIY invites, menu cards, guest book and little things like that, I could probably throw in another $200-$400 to cover those little things. I also did not include my engagement ring as it was a purchase made individually by my husband and I do not know what it cost or anything.

               

              We felt like under $20,000 was a fantastic price for the wedding of our dreams which also included a week of fun with our loved ones and then another week of relaxation for us! Doing it at home would have been a one day deal and people still would have had to pay for travel to the wedding, this way everyone really got their money's worth for traveling! 



              #348 Jessica Correa

              Jessica Correa
              • Jr. Member
              • 270 posts

                Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

                Originally Posted by JSLM 

                When I started the whole wedding process I for sure thought I could keep my wedding simple and costs low. With originally thinking 30 people would come, we're now at about 50 (hoping that does not go up). On top of that after seeing more and more ideas, themes etc... decided that we didn't want to skimp out on certain things. Plus getting married in Bahamas can be very pricey. My original budget was 15K max but I think with rings, our own trip etc we're hoping to keep it under 25K. I get anxious just thinking about the number.

                oh wow. My list keeps going up too and it terrifies me. I hope to stay under 15k



                #349 Peach

                Peach
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,293 posts

                  Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

                  Well we started saying around 5000. That was before we picked a location that is super pricey (in our opinion, but so lovely!), and decided to stay for two weeks, and before we opted to have an AHR.

                   

                  Now we have 15K, including everything put together. I am DIYing my brains out! I swear I have permanent hot glue gun burns on my fingers.
                   



                  #350 Jessica Correa

                  Jessica Correa
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 270 posts

                    Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

                    Originally Posted by Peach 

                    Well we started saying around 5000. That was before we picked a location that is super pricey (in our opinion, but so lovely!), and decided to stay for two weeks, and before we opted to have an AHR.

                     

                    Now we have 15K, including everything put together. I am DIYing my brains out! I swear I have permanent hot glue gun burns on my fingers.
                     

                    thats not bad. 15k is including your 2 week stay and all?






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users