Photo

How much is your wedding costing you?

• Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

#271 MoniqueJ

MoniqueJ
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

I think ours is going to be around $25000 for 100 people, but that includes absolutely everything!  (photographer, videographer, makeup/hair, hotel, flights, etc).  It's more than I originally thought, but way less than if we would have had it at home because it would have been almost 3 times as many people!  AND now I can spend a weekend with friends & family instead of just a couple of hours, so totally worth it for us!

#272 jennifer11203

jennifer11203
    • 18 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by MNtoMX 

We returned this week from our wedding in the Dominican Republic... Here is an 'estimate' of what our wedding expenses were..... (we are also having a reception at home, budgeting around $10,000 for that but hoping it's under!)

We had 32 people total (including bride and groom)

total wedding costs (at the Jellyfish Restaurant): approx $5,700 (this included flowers, food, open bar, fire dancers, decorations/set up, dj and an outside dancefloor area in the sand)

total travel costs for bride and groom (with travel insurance @ Majestic Elegance)  approx $3,300 for one week (i think, i could be off on this)

dress, shoes, earrings, hairflower (DIY), alterations approx $850

suit and alterations approx $250

extras such as OOT bags, programs, signs $250

total approx $10,350

does not include honeymoon which we *hope* to take later this year, although a week in Punta Cana was nice :)

There were a few things I overlooked that ended up costing us a little more and our group was not too big, which helped with the budget (we invited only immediate family and close friend s and many invited were not able to attend)

Hey,

How did you like the Jellyfish? What menu option did you chose? Did you get a photographer or videographer? Sorry for all the questions but I am debating what will be cheaper for me the Jellyfish resturant or having it at the resort.

Thank you :)

#273 RollerBride

RollerBride
      • 204 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

We are looking at $16,000:

Dreams Riviera Cancun

Flights from LA to Cancun

10 night stay in a preferred club Suite

Middle (Love) wedding package (we will have 31 guests-our package includes 20)

11 extra people for:

-cake at reception ($4/pp)

-cocktail hour ($26/pp)

-reception ($48/pp)

upgraded photo package

mariachi trio

sound system for ceremony (we are bringing an ipod)

DJ for reception

flower petals for flower girl

4 centerpieces

extra corsages and boutonnieres

MOH bouquet

Rehearsal dinner

OOT bags

-mesh beach bag from oriental trading

-custom stadium cup

-custom koozie

-Advil

-Emergen C

-Immodium

Paper to print guest itinerary, menu, guest list

invitations (plantable invites)

STDs (magnets)

gifts for MOH, Best man and flower girl

mani-pedis for MOB, MOG, bride & grandomother

Make up for MOH (bride is included in wedding package)

wedding dress

dress alterations

grooms clothes

Best man clothes

rings from Tiffany's

cake topper from esty

chair sashes

sash for my dress from esty

$1000 spending money for excursions

upgraded our wedding website to have an online RSVP

stamps and labels for invitations and STDs

marriage license (we got married legally at home first)-nothing fancy-we went to the courthouse, then i went to work lol

we might have to add in day passes for the best man and his wife, they are staying at another resort. We would need to get them day passes for 2 days (one day has the rehearsal, one day is the wedding). They are $88/person/day.

we will also have to factor in tips for the DJ and photographer

a gift for our TA and maybe something for our wedding coordinator also

Kip & Kate

August 4, 2012

Dreams Riviera Cancun

www.kipandkateswedding.com

30 guests

#274 pacificgirl

pacificgirl
        • 92 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

Granted we're not flying anywhere, we're driving 3 1/2 hours because flying to anywhere was out of budget, but we're actually spending around $700 after all is said and done. The ceremony space is free, the reception space is going to be $100 total. Our officiant is only $150, our cake is $75, and my best friend is a professional photographer and also a client of mine so I am trading her design work for our wedding photography. I'm giving her $150 for travel though. Adding in with hotel costs and the extras for paying for ingredients for our dessert buffet and the other little things, it's around $700 :)

#275 jello

jello
          • 128 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by pacificgirl 

Granted we're not flying anywhere, we're driving 3 1/2 hours because flying to anywhere was out of budget, but we're actually spending around $700 after all is said and done. The ceremony space is free, the reception space is going to be $100 total. Our officiant is only $150, our cake is $75, and my best friend is a professional photographer and also a client of mine so I am trading her design work for our wedding photography. I'm giving her $150 for travel though. Adding in with hotel costs and the extras for paying for ingredients for our dessert buffet and the other little things, it's around $700 :)

That's amazing!  One of the best weddings I ever attended was done for under $1000.  Congratulations for putting together such a frugal event — I'm sure it's going to be beautiful. 

#276 cheflady

cheflady
            • 153 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:14 AM

Our budget is similar to those mentioned.

#277 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
              • 955 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by pacificgirl 

Does this include your dress, grooms attire, wedding rings, flowers etc.? If so, I'm impressed

#278 MrsDesz

MrsDesz
                • Site Supporter
                • 61 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:48 AM

Our wedding in Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach cost us approximately $17 000 including our flights, atire ( 2 dresses;) rings, services etc. 50 guests attended and we hired a DJ, fire dancer, did a wish lantern release and a bonfire. We rented 50 chivari chairs and purchased flowers for the huppa, 4 low and long centerpieces in rented urns, 5 bouts, 2 bridesmaid bouquets , 1 bride bouquet, and 2 corsages. Toronto would've definitely been l more costly!!!!!! I might have to revise that figure once I have all my receipts in order!

#279 Ploman

Ploman
                  • 425 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

MrsDesz, do you know how much your resort bill was? (Excluding flights, attire, flowers)? Any 'surprise' charges at the IRHB?

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#280 MsKenyaF

MsKenyaF
                    • 159 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

We're hoping ours will be about $12,000-$14,000 for about 40-45 people. We plan on doing whatever we can to stick to it! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users