How much is your wedding costing you?

We are looking at about 7-8k this includes everything.....

Airfare(Us, son and my mom), Dress (Gift from Mom), Groom's attire and son's attire, 1 week in Maui (we are staying at timeshare so that's free), Food (est.), Rental Car with Gas, Ceremony (everything), OOT Bags, Decor/Favors/Invitations, Reception, Photographer/Videographer

Spending MoneyDog Sitter/Walker at home.

Basically everything and anything we could think of we put in the budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by PammyP View Post
I'm still in the very very beginning stages of planning and therefor don't really have a budget yet (bad girl, I know!).

My main concern at this point is to hire a good photographer. I have read that the resort photog isn't the best, so that concerns me (Secrets Maroma). I would really like to hire someone to spend the time that we get ready, the ceremony, and the reception with us (then maybe get the resort photog to do the dance afterwards?), and then TTD the following day.

I have seen Del Sol, Elizabeth Medina, and Nathaniel Thompson on line and really like their work (does anyone have any other suggestions??) but am not sure what I can expect for the budget?

If anyone is planning the sort of same idea for their photography, would you mind letting me know? And am I missing anything important?

Thanks a million!!!
If you are looking for other photographers check out Vanessa Vargas and Claudia Rodriguez-both are excellent

Ours is right around $20,000 for EVERYTHING, dress, shoes, alterations, oot bags, honeymoon, photos, catamaran, etc. We have 43pp going to the RM in Mexico so your budget seems about right! You could definitely cut some things out if you needed to stick to the $12k (our catamaran is $3,000 and we are in Mexico for 2 weeks etc, extra for photographer, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBridetoBe View Post
Hey ladies:

Aside from the obvious reasons why we have chosen to have a DW: tropical splendour, warm ocean, white sand, etc. - I am sure that a few of us agree that lower costs are a main reason.

That being said, my FH and I have worked out a conservative budget for our DW...and even with guests paying for their own fares to the DR, our budget is still $12,000.

This may not seem high....but I have heard and read from other brides that their DW costs between $3000 - $5000, with all the trimmings. I am more than interested in how they did this!

Everything we have bought is conservatively priced...even my dress is $500. Included in this cost is our hotel stay at $1500/ pp, DJ fees, photographer, judge fees, luggage, passports, translation at the DR Consulate in our country, his suit, our shoes, my hair, veil, jewellery, favours, our STDs, invitations, postage, etc.

So I am curious if everyone's wedding is carrying a price tag like this one...in which case I will know that we are on the right track...or if we not, we will look at paring it down a bit more.

Looking forward to hearing from you all....:)
I assume the $3-5K does not include the cost of their trip? That is cheap!!

Our original budget was $8-10K, but we ended up hiring an outside photographer. Including our trip (for just under 2 weeks), wedding package, photographer for wedding day and TTD, OOT bags and fillers, my dress, FI's suit, BM gifts and dresses, invitations, STDs, centerpieces, and all the wedding extras. We should come in around $13K total. Our trip alone was around $5K for the both of us, and our photography will be around $3K so that was the bulk of our budget. I was able to do a lot of DIY projects and found good deals on the extras to help alleviate some of the cost. We hoped to stay under $12K, but that didn't work out so well. I definitely think we could have gone a cheaper route, but I am happy with what we bought and all the details so I'm OK with going over budget. I also hope to sell some of my items afterwards to recoup some of the money.

In the end, our wedding costed us about $12,000. That did not include the cost of my dress since my mom bought that.

This included OOT, invites, etc. We had 23 people at the wedding.

We originally set a budget of $10,000 and obviously went over, but in the grand scheme of things our DW was a steal!

We don't really have a budget but it looks like it is going to come in somewhere between 18,000 - 20,000 - including everything from trip to dress to private reception etc. for 57 ppl. We certainly could have done it for about 1/2 that but we are bringing our photogs with us and getting a lot of extras and upgrades..elefant.gif