Jump to content

Photo

Any October 2009 Brides???


  • Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#61 *Heather*

*Heather*

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 9,532 posts

    Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:47 PM

    The next thing on my list is invitations. We should be getting the design back sometime in January, and I'm hoping to send them out in Feb/March. I want the responses back by April so that I have enough time to plan with more accurate guest numbers (although they're never really 100% accurate until everyone is on the plane I guess!). In the spring I'm going to start hunting for bridesmaid dresses, wedding shoes, and suits for the guys. And booking the honeymoon. A lot of the other stuff has to wait until later.

    October is going to come SO fast!

    #62 missdanelle

    missdanelle
    • Member
    • 687 posts

      Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:38 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by *Heather*
      The next thing on my list is invitations. We should be getting the design back sometime in January, and I'm hoping to send them out in Feb/March. I want the responses back by April so that I have enough time to plan with more accurate guest numbers (although they're never really 100% accurate until everyone is on the plane I guess!). In the spring I'm going to start hunting for bridesmaid dresses, wedding shoes, and suits for the guys. And booking the honeymoon. A lot of the other stuff has to wait until later.

      October is going to come SO fast!


      Heather, everytime i see a post from you and see that number of people booked I get nervous! I have the same timeframe as you and I have yet to send out STDs... doing that in January! You have soo much done already!

      #63 *Heather*

      *Heather*

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 9,532 posts

        Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:06 PM

        Don't worry about it! It's just because I've already been engaged for awhile - we wanted to give our guests tons of notice so we sent the STD's really early and chose a later wedding date. You still have SO much time! :)

        #64 jmb0902

        jmb0902
        • Jr. Member
        • 496 posts

          Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:52 AM

          I'm almost embarrased to post on here, b/c you guys are so ahead of the game! We just decided our wedding would be in Oct/Nov 09, most likely at Dreams Tulum. They still have a good number of dates available... I just feel like maybe I don't have enough time after looking at this thread and seeing that you guys will have been planning for a year when your weddings come around! Any other DT brides in Oct/Nov? I wonder if I'm starting out too late?!

          #65 *Heather*

          *Heather*

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 9,532 posts

            Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:03 AM

            No you're not starting too late, you have TONS of time! There really isn't that much to do. You'll be totally fine :)

            #66 Dana_C

            Dana_C
            • Jr. Member
            • 348 posts

              Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:40 PM

              Yay! I'm so glad I found this thread- I kept seeing november 2009 and other months, and October 2009 didn't come up in a search! I'm another 10/24/09 bride...not too far behind in planning, but growing impatient- I just want everyone to book right now, lol!

              #67 jmb0902

              jmb0902
              • Jr. Member
              • 496 posts

                Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:44 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by *Heather*
                No you're not starting too late, you have TONS of time! There really isn't that much to do. You'll be totally fine :)
                Aw thanks, that was sweet! BTW, who makes those amazing shoes in your siggy? I have searched for something similar, they are so awesome! Thanks Heather! Hopefully I"ll be talking to you guys soon, I'm trying to get my date set up with Natalia at DreamsI am so excited!

                #68 CanadaBride

                CanadaBride
                • Newbie
                • 19 posts

                  Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:36 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jmb0902
                  I'm almost embarrased to post on here, b/c you guys are so ahead of the game! We just decided our wedding would be in Oct/Nov 09, most likely at Dreams Tulum. They still have a good number of dates available... I just feel like maybe I don't have enough time after looking at this thread and seeing that you guys will have been planning for a year when your weddings come around! Any other DT brides in Oct/Nov? I wonder if I'm starting out too late?!
                  That's funny that you say that because we just did the same thing.. only just decided to have our wedding.. I have got as far as contacting the wedding coordinator at Dreams Cancun, and I am getting a contract written up this week. If you are trying to decide I would highly recommend looking on the posts on this forum. I had been doing that the past 2 weeks and that is how I came to decide on Dreams Cancun. We are getting married on October 1, 2009 since it is our 10 year anniversary.. so we are really rushing things too.. but for a destination wedding there is so much less to do.. you shouldn't really fret..

                  #69 *Heather*

                  *Heather*

                    VIP Member

                  • VIP Member
                  • 9,532 posts

                    Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:40 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jmb0902
                    Aw thanks, that was sweet! BTW, who makes those amazing shoes in your siggy? I have searched for something similar, they are so awesome! Thanks Heather! Hopefully I"ll be talking to you guys soon, I'm trying to get my date set up with Natalia at DreamsI am so excited!
                    The shoes are Christian Louboutin. I LOVE them! :)

                    #70 jmiranda

                    jmiranda
                    • Member
                    • 697 posts

                      Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:40 PM

                      I am a October 21, 2009 bride! We will be getting married in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
                      Ceremony at Marai Reina de la Paz-Booked
                      Reception and stay at Riu Vallarta-Booked
                      Photographer-Booked
                      Transportation to and from Church-Booked
                      Save the Dates-Sent
                      Wedding Website-Done
                      My Dress-Bought
                      Veil-Bought
                      Tuxedos-Chosen

                      Invitations-In process
                      Travel Arrangements-In process

                      I still need flowers, cake, bridemaids dresses, flower girl dress, my shoes.

                      What else am I missing?

                      Where is everyone at in the planning process?




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users