Photo

Any October 2009 Brides???

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 cdc0427

cdc0427
  • 330 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:19 PM

Hello, Looking for October 2008 Brides out there. Where are you in planning. I'm starting to get anxious because I've only got one year left to plan!!!

#2 **TIFFANY**

**TIFFANY**
    • 343 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:14 PM

I'm actually a November 2009 bride but close enough. Right now we have picked a date and that's about it. We're researching different resorts in the Riviera Maya area but since we can't book anything yet we haven't made a final decision.

#3 selina

selina
      • 46 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:28 PM

Heya,
        I'm also October 09 bride. We've already started planning. We booked at Azul Sensatori departing on September 29th (wedding date is Oct. 3rd). Because we're having a massive reception when we get back, we had to make some progress on the planning front there too.

Basically all we've done is select / book a resort, schedule our wedding day, create a wedding website, and design our boarding pass invitations.

When are you getting married? Have you decided on a location?

So far I have been enjoying the planning. Hopefully that won't change.

I think you can never plan too early. But with DW's you don't always need to plan far ahead either since it's a little more casual.

:) Welcome.
        http://i217.photobuc....e/us_small.jpg

Getting hitched in style to my babe
        Azul Sensatori :: Riviera Maya :: Mexico
        October First Two Thousand NineVisit our website @ http://tonyandselina.nearlyweds.com http://www.ezticker.....ing/ticker.png

#4 MAK

MAK
        • 89 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:57 PM

I'm an October 2009 bride ; ) We will be getting married on 10-24-09 in Playa del Carmen. We have booked our reception venue (Kool Beach Club), church, and our photographer (Elizabeth Medina).

Good Luck with your planning!

#5 MissLucky7Bride

MissLucky7Bride
          • 147 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:02 PM

I am in the same boat as you cdc0427! We are getting married October 24, 2009 and have NOT booked anything yet. My fiance and I are going to PV in 2 weeks to scout out possible venues. I will post info as soon as I return!

#6 cdc0427

cdc0427
            • 330 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:36 PM

Well, I did reserve Riu Caribe for October 30, 2009. I wanted a Saturday but they were all booked.
              I did figure out the colors. Burnt orange, wine and a touch of yellow. Imagine those colors while getting married at sunset. I'm so excited!!
              I've made a rough draft of my STDs but I'm waiting on my sister in law to make me a monogram.

Let's make ourselves timelines or something, keep us all on track.

After you all pick a location, what's next on your timeline?

#7 sdbtrflygrl

sdbtrflygrl
              • 73 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 11:58 PM

We are the last week of September and have done almost nothing. :)

We are going to try to get talking to everyone and Save the Dates done and out over Thanksgiving...we are laggers! Haha.

I do like the idea of a timeline.

I picked colors...yellow even thought I know that is a summer color I am going for it haha!

#8 Mystic

Mystic
                • 254 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 12:24 AM

MAK and MissLucky7Bride- I'm getting married October 24, 2009, too! We are date triplets!

We have booked our wedding date at the resort, booked a TA to help with travel arrangements, made a website, bought my dress, and started to design our invitations. That's really it! I've been in contact with the photographer we are hoping to book but haven't actually booked yet.

Our next plan of action is STDs and invitations. I don't know if we should send STDs now and then send more travel information with the invitations, or if we should send travel info with the STDs.

#9 Lenchika

Lenchika
                  • 39 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:15 PM

Hello there.
                    Another October 2009 bride there.
                    We picked a place - Riu Palace Las Americas, we picked a date. Awaiting to confirm the date with hotel - waiting for the airfare to come out in November.
                    Since we're having a very small wedding, we're doing it in the middle of the week. Which will give us some time to relax after wards.
                    That's pretty much it for planning.
                    I've been looking at tons of pics online (well...here I mean :)) for bouquets, photographers.
                    cdc0427 - I really like your idea of colors - orange, wine and yellow... I may add pink to the bouqet.

I'm not going to do official invitations or save the date cards. But I do like the idea of monogram. My FI promised to create it.

Oh - and I got THE DRESS! :)

-L

#10 sdbtrflygrl

sdbtrflygrl
                    • 73 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:13 PM

Let's see a picture of THE DRESS! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users