Tensing Pen Brides

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jens

jens
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:47 PM

Hi Ladies,

I am planning to get married in Negril in November 2009. Looking for another location on a tight schedule ... yikes!

The Tensing Pen looks like an absolutely amazing wedding venue but the only drawback is that only a few rooms have AC. I was wondering if any brides that have had their weddings there have had any complaints from guests re:no AC?

#2 MsSunshine

MsSunshine
    • 415 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:22 PM

Congrats! Tensing Pen is a gorgeous place!

#3 beyondsmitten

beyondsmitten
      • Banned
      • 75 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:08 PM

Hi,
        I have not stayed at Tensing Pen but my wedding will be there... I have visited Jamaica and the Tensing Pen property in December and April. Jamaica is what I think most Americans from the north consider hot all year round, but at night is when you need the A/C and Tensing Pen is surrounded by the ocean and has breezes that flow through the rooms, many of which are shaded by trees. Both of those things make the A/C less necessary. I have some guests who can't imagine being refrigerated at all times. They also could not imagine not having a TV, Tensing Pen does not have phones or TV's in the rooms. Nearby Rockhouse is a good alternative for those guest who must have A/C.

I prefer not to have the A/C and have never had one in my home.

#4 Jenn

Jenn
        • 1,557 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 10:02 PM

I haven't stayed at Tensing Pen, but I stayed at the Caves which is right up the road - also on the cliffs. We did not have AC in our room, and never missed it. At night, we actually closed the windows because it was cool. The resort I got married at also did not have AC. If you are on the water, most places in Jamaica don't need it...

#5 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
          • 1,572 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:50 AM

Wanted to share these beautiful pics from a Tensing Pen wedding I saw online:

Punam Bean Photography (observations) A Marriage! (elsewhere): Tiffany and Jared

#6 jens

jens
            • 13 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:19 PM

Wow! The photos of Tensing Pen are beautiful. thanks for posting them.

I found a great wedding planner who suggested another beautiful location on the cliffs, Villas Sur Mer. So I'm hoping this one will work out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users