How to mail invites with fragile starfish?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 meghanmbm

• 203 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:50 PM

HI ladies i am hoping one of you out there has some advice for me. I am making boarding pass invitations and i wanted to wrap a ribbon around the pocket and glue a starfish on the ribbon. my FMIL said that the starfish would end up getting crushed in the mail. I also dont want to spend a ton on postage. Any suggestions?
    Live every day like the next will never come.

#2 LisaMark

• Banned
    • 125 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:40 PM

Small padded envelope maybe? Hopefully won't cost that much more but will give a little padding. Maybe pop down to your local post office as they will be able to tell you quickly what your best options are. Good luck and cool idea!

#3 KimB81

• 12 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:47 AM

I just mailed my invitations which actually had two small very fragile starfish on the actual invitation and also a ribbon around the envelope that I glued a sand dollar onto. We mailed these in colored padded envelopes. We got the blue ones from this website. Fastpack Packaging - Shiny Shippers - Bright Color Bubble Mailers Envelopes

I have only heard from one person that one of the starfish broke. The others have all arrived in one piece! Everyone loved the invitations and the packaging. They were a little over $1 to mail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users