Any hockey fans?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:32 PM

Hey girls!

I was just wondering if there are any hockey fans out there? I'm a huge Vancouver Canucks fan, and I always watch the games and read through the forum. Just made me start wondering if there were any other die hard hockey fans.

#2 MissyR

MissyR
    • 1,210 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:34 PM

FI and I are watching the Canucks v. Flames game now too! FI was born and raised in Calgary and is an insame Flames fan - he's sitting here in his Iginla jersey screaming at the TV!

#3 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
      • 2,777 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:47 PM

oooooo.... definitely not a calgary fan and this game is pretty rough right now!!! Luongo is not up to par, but iginla really clocked mitchell a bit ago

#4 MissyR

MissyR
        • 1,210 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:50 PM

Yeah FI is getting all geared up now that's 3 -1 - You'd think it was Stanley Cup Final! Mitchell and Iginla's fight got yelling so loud he woke the dog up!

#5 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
          • 2,777 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 11:43 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MissyR
            Yeah FI is getting all geared up now that's 3 -1 - You'd think it was Stanley Cup Final! Mitchell and Iginla's fight got yelling so loud he woke the dog up!
            WOOHOO!!!! I bet he's upset now!

#6 Sloan

Sloan
            • 1,279 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:19 PM

I play women's competitve hockey, since I was 8. FI plays as well. Im a Leafs fan - always have been and always will be. Yes, you are permitted to poke fun at me everyone else does, especially FI - he's a Flyers fan. Ugh. I bought a Leafs garter for our wedding. He doesn't know yet.. and I thought about getting a Flyers garter, but couldn't stomach the thought of putting that next to my skin. Hehe. We're doing a couple hockey theme'd Epics at the end of this month. Can't wait!

#7 JamaicaBride2009

JamaicaBride2009
              • 88 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:57 AM

Yes, FI is a HUGE hockey fan. He has been following the Atlanta Thrashers for some time now... but since he just moved to NC... I am insisting he switch teams and get on board with the Carolina Hurricanes. Switch? You'd think I asked him to cut his heart out... but as true hockey fans know... switching teams can be like cutting your heart out!
                Jodi

#8 MissyR

MissyR
                • 1,210 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:52 AM

Sooo true! FI moved from Calgary to Toronto and I tease him all the time that it's a good thing I'm not a Leafs Fan or we'd have a major rivalry - I actually got a Calgary Flames Garter that I know he is going to flip when he sees.

That being said he still loves it - he's going to the Leafs Thanksgiving game this afternoon!

#9 KatyKo

KatyKo
                  • 851 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:03 AM

I enjoy hockey as well. Living in the South, it isn't huge here, but it is so much fun to go watch our little Charlotte Checkers team. And now my sister is a Checkmate (a cheerleader/dancer for the hockey team) so that will make it even more fun.

The Carolina Hurricanes are pretty amazing too. Always fun watching them on TV :)

#10 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                    • 2,777 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:39 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Sloan
                      I play women's competitve hockey, since I was 8. FI plays as well. Im a Leafs fan - always have been and always will be. Yes, you are permitted to poke fun at me
                      Yes, FI is a HUGE hockey fan. He has been following the Atlanta Thrashers for some time now... but since he just moved to NC... I am insisting he switch teams and get on board with the Carolina Hurricanes. Switch? You'd think I asked him to cut his heart out... but as true hockey fans know... switching teams can be like cutting your heart out!
                      Oh you soooo can't switch teams!!!! A real fan of hockey always stays a fan of there team. I LOVE the canucks, but last season I started to like the penguins a bit, and now my FAV player from the canucks signed on as a free agent to the penguins. I like the penguins, especially since my favorite player is with them, but the Canucks will ALWAYS be my team!

My FI had never even seen a hockey game until meeting me, and it's a beautiful sport, he loves it now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users