Wedding Party uneven - OK?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 FoxyBride

• 609 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:36 PM

My FI just told me he wants to have 8 groomsmen

I have always planned to just have my 3 sisters and have my niece be a jr. bridesmaid. I'm am not going to try to come up with 4 more random people. Do you think this will be ok or will it just look crazy lopsided?

#2 MissyR

• 1,210 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:10 PM

I think it would look great. You could even have each girl walk up the aisle with one groomsmen on each side! I totally agree with you - I am not for picking ppl just to even up the sides..

#3 Erica053009

• 513 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 11:41 PM

I wouldn't add people just to have people. My friend had 2 guys to every girl and it looked great

#4 KLC77

• 2,207 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:30 PM

I agree with not picking people just to make it even. I chose the two people I knew I wanted and it didn't matter to me if FI was going to choose 2, 4, or 10 people. Uneven will definitely work.

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#5 ~Debra~

• 500 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 12:02 AM

I am only having three people and my fiance is having 8 or 9. I will not be asking anymore people to be in my wedding so we are going to work with the numbers we have. I don't think it will look silly at all. You can come up with a creative way to have them walk down....that's what we're doing. If I come up with something, I'll let you know. :)

#6 FoxyBride

• 609 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:56 PM

Thanks for the advice ladies. FI still thinks it will look funny but oh well, can't win them all. :)

#7 kristin928

• 78 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:02 PM

I have 5 BM's and the finance only has 2 GM. I figure we will walk down the isle in a creative manner- 2 girls to each guy and I will figure something else out for the last girl! It will all work out. Just do what makes you happy and means the most to YOUR special day.

#8 shanol

• 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:15 PM

My brother had 2 GM for each BM, 2 Best Men, 1 MOH, and even 2 ringbearers and 1 FG ... it worked out perfectly, and was unplanned.

SIL even has '2 dads' her bio-dad and a step who raised her ... the pictures were really nice and balanced looking too.

#9 Ayita

• 861 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:03 PM

I have three BM (no MOH) and my FI has 1 "best woman" and one best man... we are going to have to be creative...

#10 nicmicj

• 244 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:23 PM

I think you will be fine. I was in my friends wedding last year and she had 3 BM and he had 5 GM and it looked just fine! I wouldn't add random people to your wedding party just to make the #'s even.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users