#31 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 9,532 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:59 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neen
    even though its human hair, i'm worried about heat-styling it...anyone tried yet?
    You can totally heat-style it. When I had extensions a couple of years ago, I used a curling iron or straightener pretty much every day. Just be sure to keep the hot part away from the clip (or bond if it's a "real" extension) because it will melt. Once I melted a couple of my bonds together and it was a pain in the butt getting them apart! But if you stay away from your roots you'll be fine.

#32 Island Princess

Island Princess
    • 284 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:20 AM

I haven't had any problems yet with mine. I have curled them plenty of times!!

#33 Samantha S

Samantha S
      • 369 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:41 AM

Okay, here is an update on the extensions I purchased. I bought the Euronext kind. They do not look good on me when they are 'down'. My hair stylist thinks it will be perfect for an updo but I can't look at myself when they are down. She did cut them and they are better but although they are real hair, they still look like barbie doll hair on me. It might be the color (very very blonde) but unfortunately, they are a no-go for the down-do (for me!).

#34 Island Princess

Island Princess
        • 284 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:03 AM

Hey Sam,
          What a bummer! I have tried so many different kinds.
          I promise you, you will eventually find the ones that will do wonders for you. UP and DOWN!

#35 Island Princess

Island Princess
          • 284 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:06 AM

Hey Sam,
            What a bummer!
            I have tried so many different kinds. I promise you will find ones that will do wonders for you
            UP and DOWN !

#36 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,532 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:34 AM

Aw Sam, that is a huge bummer! Are you going to try to buy a different kind? Or is this it for you?

#37 Samantha S

Samantha S
              • 369 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:21 AM

Aww, thanks ladies! I will try more kinds in the future but not before the wedding (NEXT WEEK!!!). There are worse problems to have! :o) I will be on the hunt in the future though so I am glad you ladies keep us all posted on the goods!

#38 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
                • 1,209 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:45 AM

That is a bummer Oh well. It's great that you can wear them in an updo!
                  I ordered some from an ebay site about a week ago. Ihope they'll arrive by the end of the month.

I'm not planning on using them for the wedding though. More for fun on some days when I go out. I plan on (hope to) use them when my hair is down.

I'll post pics when they come in.

#39 JohnandJane

JohnandJane
                  • Banned
                  • 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:21 AM

Island Princess-  I haven't ever bought on Ebay and now is not the time to expose my self to more shopping opportunities because I need every penny for wedding stuff .  Did you purchase a particular brand there that I can look for elsewhere? Does anyone in this thread have any experience with this supplier:  clip in hair extensions?  The only ones that I have seen locally are super pricey or super tacky.  If anyone has a link to share where the prices are good, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users