Photo

Work in progress Wedding pgs, give me some feedback ladies

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 syl1115

syl1115
  • 789 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:38 AM

It looks awesome. Great job. I was thinking about doing the same thing.
    Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#12 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:40 AM

that is looking really good, I can't wait to see the final product

#13 DLyteful

DLyteful
      • 879 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:17 PM

Thanks ladies! I've started back up on working on the pages. I think some feedback was all I needed. I have to get more familar with the software elements, but its pretty user friendly so I should be rockin & rolling in no time.

#14 RedDiamond

RedDiamond
        • Banned
        • 242 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:20 PM

The photos look great! The main suggestion I would have is to check the photos and make sure none of them are in the center of the page. Depending on the type of album you get, you don't want a line going through your photos - and some albums have a gap.

#15 DLyteful

DLyteful
          • 879 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:24 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by RedDiamond
            The photos look great! The main suggestion I would have is to check the photos and make sure none of them are in the center of the page. Depending on the type of album you get, you don't want a line going through your photos - and some albums have a gap.
            You are soooo right. I am thinking about chaning some of the layouts a bit. When I first made these I was planning on ordering a flushmount photo book, which lays flat. But they are supper expensive.... and I wanted to get cheaper copies made for my mom & dad. I really still want the flushmount, but I might change the layout to accomodate any print option.

#16 RedDiamond

RedDiamond
            • Banned
            • 242 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:34 PM

I think the whole flushmount thing can be really deceiving. You'd be amazed how many places offer flush mounts, but the gap is still there... usually just a few centimeters, but still noticeable because they tend to be black. There are a few places that offer DIY albums that are flush mount with a very tiny gap though. It might be worth asking your wedding photographer about this.

#17 KHarrod

KHarrod
              • 902 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:25 PM

It looks great, you did an awesome job

#18 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 11:14 PM

It looks great!!!

I agree about enlarging the font a bit, though.

My only other question, or concern, is that it seems as though some of the smaller pics will be in the page crease the way that it's set up currently. Maybe I'm wrong, and since you are using a scrapbooking program, I assume it takes that into account while you are designing it ?

I am polishing up my photo book now as well.

I am using Personalised Photo Books and Canvas Prints from Digital Photos (I have a Mac and it's the only program I could find that let me use my own backgrounds and is Mac compatible, but it's been really easy and the price is right - there is also a coupon code on their website, FYI.

Can't wait to see your final product! Nice job!!!!! and isn't it a great sense of accomplishment to do such fabulous DIY work? YEAH!!!!

#19 Jen_S

Jen_S
                  • 3,737 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:09 AM

Looks great!
                    Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#20 DLyteful

DLyteful
                    • 879 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:59 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by RedDiamond
                      I think the whole flushmount thing can be really deceiving. You'd be amazed how many places offer flush mounts, but the gap is still there... usually just a few centimeters, but still noticeable because they tend to be black. There are a few places that offer DIY albums that are flush mount with a very tiny gap though. It might be worth asking your wedding photographer about this.
                      My photographer is my cousin, who is not a wedding photog and doesnt really know to much about photo albums. Do you recomend any one I could look into? But your right, I've had to redo my layouts in Elements, so I"m just going to adjust them abit to make sure major pictures and parts are not on the seam.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KHarrod
                      It looks great, you did an awesome job
                      Thanks so much.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by foxytv
                      It looks great!!!

I agree about enlarging the font a bit, though.

My only other question, or concern, is that it seems as though some of the smaller pics will be in the page crease the way that it's set up currently. Maybe I'm wrong, and since you are using a scrapbooking program, I assume it takes that into account while you are designing it ?

I am polishing up my photo book now as well.

I am using
                      Looks great!
                      Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users