Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bmaggieb

negotiating # of rooms booked

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiStreak View Post
Wow! I never heard that. Guess I mis-understood some posts along the way. And I now think I should check with my TA to make sure I'm understanding correctly....
i would check...i would actually ask to see the contract...when you do a group block, you usually sign a contract...just to cover your bases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by host View Post
i would check...i would actually ask to see the contract...when you do a group block, you usually sign a contract...just to cover your bases.
Definitely! We haven't done the contract yet because we're waiting for our TA to notify us when she gets the rates. I probably mis-understood her about the $200 deposit for a block of 10 and if so, we'll have to re-think reserving many rooms. Fortunately, the immediate family and wedding party are already calling her to book their trips, so it's not like they are depending on our room block to get/keep the low rate.

So let me ask you this--- For example, when a block of 10 rooms is established at say 160 pp/night and it takes 4 months to book all of those rooms, will that same couple get the same 160 pp/night rate apply to the new block they reserve, or is it subject to negotiation/increase?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiStreak View Post
So let me ask you this--- For example, when a block of 10 rooms is established at say 160 pp/night and it takes 4 months to book all of those rooms, will that same couple get the same 160 pp/night rate apply to the new block they reserve, or is it subject to negotiation/increase?
of course it all depends on how the contract is structured but usually the rate is fixed whether booked at the beginning of the group block period or the end...the only time it may go up is if you run out of rooms or the booking was done pass the deadline....but even then, if the hotel still has a bunch of rooms left, they will let it slide at your same rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by host View Post
of course it all depends on how the contract is structured but usually the rate is fixed whether booked at the beginning of the group block period or the end...the only time it may go up is if you run out of rooms or the booking was done pass the deadline....but even then, if the hotel still has a bunch of rooms left, they will let it slide at your same rate.
Cool, that helps. If this is the pricing and I misunderstood, maybe I can just block a small number and then add on as needed before the block fills / expires. Thanks Tammy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiStreak View Post
Cool, that helps. If this is the pricing and I misunderstood, maybe I can just block a small number and then add on as needed before the block fills / expires. Thanks Tammy!
that is definitely one way to do it...or you can get a new cc w/ 0% interest rate just for the block...then people will book and pay their $$ so your deposit will just go towards paying for your room...when everyone books, the balance of the unused deposit will be creidted back to you...so you are using your cc as a loan.

even better if your cc has miles or rewards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know a lot of hotels do it differently but here was my experience...

 

For the Hilton is Cabo we put down I think 10% of the estimated total amount that was going to be paid to hold the rooms. Then as people book their rooms they've been asked to put down one nights stay to guarantee the reservation. In the end our deposit goes towards our master bill for the wedding reception.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkashmira View Post
I know a lot of hotels do it differently but here was my experience...

For the Hilton is Cabo we put down I think 10% of the estimated total amount that was going to be paid to hold the rooms. Then as people book their rooms they've been asked to put down one nights stay to guarantee the reservation. In the end our deposit goes towards our master bill for the wedding reception.
that is very standard...the dep. amount is either a percentage or a flat $xxx per room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Very thought provoking article it really helped me set up my strategies regarding. READ MORE : Login to Hotmail, Outlook using a Windows or Mac web browser Launch your web browser and login: Firstly, you need to launch your Windows or Mac web browser. Once you have successfully done so, go to the Hotmail sign in page:  http://hotmailaccount1811.blogspot.com Enter your email address and password: Once you have reached the Outlook sign-in page, you need to enter your Hotmail email address followed by your password then click Next. Congratulations, you have signed in: On the next page, select Sign In. Feel free to explore the services that are available to 
    • OMG these are incredible! Seriously blown away by the thoughtful detail you have put into every aspect of your gifts, your guests are going to be amazed! Props to you for adding so many personal touches and putting in so much time to make these gifts amazing!
    • These bags are amazing!! You are so organized and detailed, I am so impressed! I LOVE the Vistaprint stuff you ordered, the logo is so cute, I love your personalization!
    • I love etsy!! It's a great place to find personalized gifts without such a hefty price tag. I was thinking of getting my bridesmaids personalized necklaces with their names on them. I found these ones that are affordable and you can pick the chain length and different fonts, so you can really make them your own and pick what you know each bridesmaid will want. https://www.etsy.com/listing/595334072/personalized-name-necklace-stainless?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=personalized necklace&ref=sc_gallery-3-9&plkey=a8662525c53ec285c1b46b0f308162d0591edff8:595334072
    • Hi everyone, I am so happy that I am getting married to the love of my life. He proposed me and we are getting married within in a couple of months. And I have started preparations for my big day. I am super excited about a lot of things and also worried about many things.I have some inhibitions about my face and skin. Since I am a working woman, I have never got much time for personal care. This is the right time for it now. I need  proper medical grade skin care. Want to improve my skin tone and texture  I read some details about it here, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/nonsurgical-procedures/non-surgical/skin-care/, and found it really helpful. Can anyone of you suggest me some more tips? Like what I can do at home to have a glow on my face?  Thanks in advance.
  • Topics

×