Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NABUMBAH

Elena Damy

Recommended Posts

Not to be a downer, but....... I tried to use Elena Damy last year. I even met her in person in Novemeber. We sat down for like 2 hours to discuss everything. Then, I never heard from her again. I must have sent her a dozen emails. Be prepared for a rather large price tag too (think between $3000-$9000!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I was ready for the pricetag, but not for the no-response! I haven't even met with Elena, we met with her husband (b/c she had just had her baby and so he met us on Sunday morning).

 

Too bad too, her work is beautiful, but I think we'll end up using someone from home instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak27 View Post
Yeah, I was ready for the pricetag, but not for the no-response! I haven't even met with Elena, we met with her husband (b/c she had just had her baby and so he met us on Sunday morning).

Too bad too, her work is beautiful, but I think we'll end up using someone from home instead.
She also quoted me back when I was first planning. I was working with her and trying to negotiate some things, and then she just stopped responding. I ended up taking her ideas and giving them to my WC who found someone to do my flowers for around 1/3 of what Elena initially quoted me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by NABUMBAH View Post
She also quoted me back when I was first planning. I was working with her and trying to negotiate some things, and then she just stopped responding. I ended up taking her ideas and giving them to my WC who found someone to do my flowers for around 1/3 of what Elena initially quoted me.
Funny you should post...I just found a post you did a while ago about this exact topic...guess she doesn't want our money after all!

I think we're just going to pursue alternatives, and see what we can come up with using someone local.

I'll keep yall informed if we ever hear from her!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow - this makes me nervous because my WC just recommended Elena to me yesterday. Not that I'm even close to talking flowers yet since my wedding is over 9 months away. But this makes me think to just go somewhere else from the beginning and avoid the hassel. Thanks for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenandBrendanWedding View Post
Wow - this makes me nervous because my WC just recommended Elena to me yesterday. Not that I'm even close to talking flowers yet since my wedding is over 9 months away. But this makes me think to just go somewhere else from the beginning and avoid the hassel. Thanks for the info.
Jen, who is your WC? I'm still holding out hope for Elena for some reason...but I'm not holding my breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am working with Varinia from Baja Weddings. My guess is that she has probably worked with Elena before or is a friend of hers. Varinia also told me she's very hands-on when it comes to flowers and decorating. I trust her with this, but if Elena is going to be a problem, I would rather we just go somewhere else. No need to add additional stress for no reason.

 

You do still have some time before your wedding. My guess is that they will probably talk to you again about 2 months before your wedding. But definitely have a "Plan B" in case Elena ends up MIA. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenandBrendanWedding View Post
I am working with Varinia from Baja Weddings. My guess is that she has probably worked with Elena before or is a friend of hers.
Tell your WC to tell her friend to call us back! Ha!

I'm not waiting until two months before, my goal is to be completely planned by September 1 (college football season starts!) so I am making decisions now based on vendors that respond professionally!

No worries, it'll all work out! Keep us informed on how it all goes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
    • Việc tìm kiếm một phòng khám bệnh trĩ uy tín sẽ giúp người bệnh giảm bớt được cơn ác mộng đối với căn bệnh này. Bài viết dưới đây sẽ cung cấp giúp các bạn một số những thông tin về phòng khám bệnh trĩ Thái Hà http://benhtrithaiha.com
  • Topics

×