Mayan Palace Regency

I heard the best time to get married in PV is November until May...I heard June until October is known as their rainy season. I went in February and the weather was perfect...that is the reason I changed my wedding from June to February.

Amy R.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Amy R for all your input! .... and just to further complicate things, my screen name on this forum is Amy H and on Yahoo group, I sign as Amy M. sorry.. embarrassed.gif

As an FYI to anyone wanting that beautiful white floor and lighted dance floor, I asked Marco for a rough estimate.. he said about $60,000 pesos..

huh, yeah.. nevermind..

Oh man we are all going to end up getting married here! LOL. It would be so awesome. I want to get married here, I love it. My FI doesn't like it for some reason. Well that's not really true, he likes it but he likes the dreams better. I am so confused. I think I need a site visit. Maybe I will try to go to cabo during may so that I can be there when Edyta, Tammy, and Sarah will be there. That would be fun. Ahhh decisions, decisions. It is so hard to decide.

-Glenda

• 4 months later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyh View Post
Thanks Glenda! Hmm.. i'm not sure when the best time for PV is, but I know July is not it, haha! I know that its super hot and the rainy season begins around the end of June. But I from what I've been told, the heavier rain season is towards the end of the summer in August. Oh well, I'll be hot and sweaty, but I just hope it doesn't rain cause I haven't even bothered to ask about a back up plan!

I'll email you the proposal with prices. We are estimating at 150 ppl.

But here's what's included:

LOCATION: Sunset Bar for the reception, Jetty for the ceremony and Beach for the private banquet and dancing
SET UP: For the ceremony at the jetty: Table at front for the preacher, all linen, white runner for the aisle, Italian chairs, wedding type music and microphone, rustic palm carpets in all walking areas, candles and torches.
For the banquet, round tables for 10 people each, all linen, china, Italian chairs, lighting, dancing floor, stage for band/dj, candles and torches.

BANQUET:WEDDING PLAN No. 3, (150 people included)

·On site coordinator
·Complete set up for the banquet areas, described above
·Three courses dinner menu (Selection pending)
·Corking fee, six hours (we asked for 7, and he is not charging extra, this all mixers, soda, water, ice all we need to provide is the liquor.)
·Fire works (10 large bombs and one hundred thunder lights)
·Exclusive waiters
·One bridal suite for one night with late check out at 6:00 PM
·Tasting menu for two persons
·½ Hour Massage for bride and groom
·Fruit basquet upon arrival (Only for the bride and groom room)
·VIP Treatment during stay
He's also throwing in a Symbolic Cake (picture op), which I'm fine with since the dinner includes desert.

We also found that my cousin's husband is good friends with the ppl who make the Tres Gerenaciones Tequila! We are looking into getting bottles with our own labels for the tables/favors.. and purchsing the tequila by the jugs for consumption! shots.gif

Hey Amy, Marco didn't mention anything about the Bridal Suite, Massages or Tastings. Do you think these come with all packages? And I need a cake! How do I get a cake??

Also, where do you get your liquor from if you do the corkage fee? Is the corkage fee that he mentioned per hour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeLynne View Post
Hey Amy, Marco didn't mention anything about the Bridal Suite, Massages or Tastings. Do you think these come with all packages? And I need a cake! How do I get a cake??

Also, where do you get your liquor from if you do the corkage fee? Is the corkage fee that he mentioned per hour?
my cousin was able to negotiate this for me. I'm not sure if it is standard. You should ask him. it was actually in the final proposal not the the initial break down he sent me.

as for the liquor, we are getting it at Sam's club. The corkage fee is per person. we are getting it for 6-7 hours I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrvsbride View Post
Jaime are you going to do your wedding here? It looks absolutely fabuolous! Ooh if you get married there I am crashing. Amy since I cancelled my wedding can I still crash your wedding? LOL.
of course Glenda! Whats another 2 guests for our 200 who have now confirmed?? AHHHhuh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrvsbride View Post
Jaime are you going to do your wedding here? It looks absolutely fabuolous! Ooh if you get married there I am crashing. Amy since I cancelled my wedding can I still crash your wedding? LOL.
Hahah I would LOVE for you to crash my wedding Glenda!

As for the Mayan, we are considering it along with Dreams and Las Caletas. Decisions, decisions!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeLynne View Post
He said in a National bar they could do things like cuervo/sauza, jack daniels, smirnoff, etc. Do you think you can get better deals at Sam's even with corking fees? How far away is Sam's?
I might be better for you to do have an open bar. You're not having a large group. If I remember correctly, the national bar is per hour per person??

ours was only per person and the impression i got was that they would serve untill we ran out of liquor. We are big drinkers.

Thats why we ended up going with the corkage fee.