Photo

HONESTLY which Resort in the Dominican is the BEST all around for a DW?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 BachataBride

BachataBride
  • Banned
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:09 AM

MOGroom...
    Thank you for your concern!! I know that we are not really getting a "free" wedding! As mentioned above the judges fees are extra - $560 + an extra$50 for him to walk out on the point to the gazebo!! (no extra charge for a beach wedding!!) And some decorations are included...but barely the basics. But I'm ok with that! It is listed online what is included with the free wedding package as well as the other packages. And I am prepared to pay for an extra few decorations/bouquets/etc if necessary. But that is an option...not a must! My TA is great too & she is coordinating everything with the WC at the resort...asking LOTS of questions & getting all the answers IN WRITING!!
    I am a very organized, detail oriented person (FI likes to call it anal!) so I definitely gathering all the information I possibly can! I have been googling and emailing strangers about this resort & it's weddings for over a year!!
    And yes, I know that it's cheaper because it's January & Puerta Plata. We planned it that way so that as many family & friends as possible could make it & it wouldn't be such a burden! We also looked at the RIU Macao in PC and we also looked at February but both were too pricy for our liking.
    Again, thanks for the concern!

#22 jessyg20

jessyg20
    • 263 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:27 PM

I heard the Paradisus Palma Real is the best resort in Punta Cana. I wanted to have my wedding there but...the prices for my guests were going to be too much. So then I found out about the Edenh, it's right next door. I went to check out the Edenh and fell in love with it. It's also a 5 star hotel. Since it's a brand new resort (opened in January) the prices were great. So, I guess you have to decide on a few things like your cost, cost for your guests (the ones that matter), and your taste. You can pick a 4 star hotel but have a 5 star wedding!
      I totally recommend, for anyone who decides on having a destination wedding, if they can afford it, to visit and check out their top resort choices. Just a thought.
      Jessy

My Planning Thread-Updated Links
      http://bestdestinati....-thread-30226/
      Wedding Pictures Link Threadhttp://bestdestinati....perfect-31186/NH Arena Real Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....ew-pics-32477/

#23 ellynina14

ellynina14
      • 10 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:42 PM

Thanks SOO MUCH!!! I just got in contact with the Paradisus and they are much more organized than Bahia Principe. No reservations are made, but I feel like I just discovered a hidden gem....

I'll keep everyone updated... Still hoping for March 2009
        Elizabeth & Carlos
        Engaged 5-14-08
        Planning out the main event =)

http://tickers.Ticke....a502/event.png

#24 Riu Mambo Bride to be

Riu Mambo Bride to be
        • 81 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:06 PM

I am getting married Nov 10, 2009 at the Riu Mambo hotel in Puerto Plata.. I've never been to a "wedding" there but I have been to the resort and we were so impressed with the nightly entertainment, the cost of the tours/ excursions, food, right down to the annoying beach vendors.. We loved it. I live in Calgary I have a confirmed price for my guests of 1610 TI. for one week all inclusive. I feel very comfortable that I won't have to keep EVERYone occupied the entire time as the entertainment during the day and night is fantastic. Check out I think it's called the Iborastar or something like that... I heard that was a fantastic resport as well. We chose the Riu simply because we were familiar with it. GOOD LUCK make sure you post your choice when you make it
          RIU MAMBO BRIDE

#25 Riu Mambo Bride to be

Riu Mambo Bride to be
          • 81 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:07 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by BachataBride
            I have chosen RIU Bachata in Puerta Plata...but if you're looking for a white sandy beach wedding this is not the place for you. But it has a beautiful wedding gazebo location...

Click the image to open in full size.

I am flying out of Toronto & paying around 1500 taxes/fees included.
            My TA is FANTASTIC if you're still looking. She's based out of St. Catharine's & specializes in DWs.

If you're looking for more info let me know. I am in the process of working out the details with the WC at the resort now. Oh...and also, the RIU Bachata offers a free wedding package - just pay for the judges fees!!

Good Luck!
            your helarious.. both of us seem to be so happy about our Riu Choice lol : )
            RIU MAMBO BRIDE

#26 BachataBride

BachataBride
            • Banned
            • 9,310 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:58 PM

LOL....very happy!! And so excited!!!
              Too bad I just realized yesterday that it's Puerto Plata, not Puerta!!! It's on my STDs & invites that I have sent out months ago!! I'm such a dummy!!! But I'm sure no one even noticed (or knew the difference!!) I'll get it right from now on though!!

#27 Riu Mambo Bride to be

Riu Mambo Bride to be
              • 81 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:27 AM

That is Sh&%%y! lol. I bet no body even noticed either, half of my family didn't even know what or where Dominican Republic is LOL... Hey check out Unique Wedding Favors - Bridal Shower Favors – Party Gifts and Favors by HansonEllis . . . They have these wicked message in a bottle invitation (which Im going to use for thank you notes, after the wedding) but they are freakin awesome... I ordered one and they are so cute!! so I've sourced out the bottles and will just make them myself!!!! Totally cute though
                RIU MAMBO BRIDE

#28 BachataBride

BachataBride
                • Banned
                • 9,310 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:43 PM

Very cute indeed!!! Most of my ty cards have to be mailed though, so not very practical!!! I think we might do picture postcards for our thank yous! I want to get a pic of us with Thank You written in the sand to use as the pic!! (thanks to my BDW girls for that idea - as usual!!)

#29 natashakc

natashakc
                  • 77 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:44 PM

Just wondering where you decided to get married. Did you go with Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro? And...did you go with Nancy K or get more information on them? We are pretty well decided o GBP Bavaro, but would love to hear from you on how your last minute planning is going with them.
                    Natasha
                    Natasha & JoeGran Bahia Principe Bavaro, Punta CanaNovember 16th, 2009http://img.weddingco...vo5osqfalgz.png

#30 paradise wedding 09

paradise wedding 09
                    • 9 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:30 PM

For the Majestic colonial quotes, who did you get them through as am also looking to go to this resort in nov 09.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users