19 replies to this topic

#11 Christi

Christi
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:06 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tvt
    I am, well was the exact same way!!

I tried Bare Minerals but didn't like it.

Then I tried Laura Mercier. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Even with the foundation primer on, you still don't feel like you're wearing make up. I highly recommend it!
    ditto...love, Laura Mercier!

#12 bumbles

bumbles
    • 574 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:51 AM

I love Laura Mercier. She has a great oil-free tinted moisturizer that I wear daily. For color, Nars products have good pigments. I use their bronzer, blush, eyeshadow, and lip gloss.

Try going to a counter or Sephora on a weekday to avoid a huge crowd and you'll get more time w/ the makeup artist. Have fun! :)

#13 FLgator

FLgator
      • 253 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:13 AM

I have used both CLinique Superfit and Mac Studio Fix compact. I like the coverage of Superfit, but I have very oily skin and it just adds to it. I love the Mac Studio Fix compact, it is the first thing ever that I have come across that really controls the shine. However, I plan to splurge on Laura Mercier for the wedding, b/c of all the great reviews. There is a whole thread about it somewhere. Good Luck!

#14 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:25 AM

I used to wear prescriptives foundation, it's very light. But could still feel it, kwim?

I just had my makeup done at the Laura Mercier counter and I Love love it. It's like i dont even have foundation on. I use a foundation primer and put tinted moisturizer on over it. I would highly reccomend it. I think there's a thread on here for the brand line, thats what made me pick LM.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#15 BachataBride

BachataBride
          • Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:31 AM

I'm a complete Mary Kay girl...I have Mary Kay EVERYTHING!! You can go to the website & search for a consultant in your area. They will come to your home (or you can go to a class they are having) and "do you up"!! They will let you test the cleanser, moisturizer, foundation & sample their makeup!

#16 mexicobride2009

mexicobride2009
            • 164 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:33 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by BachataBride
              I'm a complete Mary Kay girl...I have Mary Kay EVERYTHING!! You can go to the website & search for a consultant in your area. They will come to your home (or you can go to a class they are having) and "do you up"!! They will let you test the cleanser, moisturizer, foundation & sample their makeup!
              Me too! I have used Mary Kay products for years! I love all of their products!!

#17 Jen_S

Jen_S
              • 3,737 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:30 PM

I love Laura Merciertinted foundation and primer. I also highly highly recommend Cliniques mascara it does leave you with racoon eyes.
                Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#18 Jen_S

Jen_S
                • 3,737 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:31 PM

Oh I just looked on macys.com and it is clinique bonus time.
                  Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#19 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                  • 4,881 posts
                  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                  • LocationNew York

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:07 AM

LOVE laura mercier. I'm a no foundation EVER girl, but I wore their primer and oil free foundation at my wedding (in August in Mexico) and it was PERFECT.

Get an appointment at Nordstrom, Bloomies or a big Macy's and get your face done. You don't have to buy anything, although that is the goal of the artists. And just wear it around for a day and see what you think.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#20 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                  • 5,649 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 02:07 AM

Well, I don't know too much about foundations, but I can say that I love Lancome mascara! Any of their mascaras are fab, they're expensive but well worth it in my opinion. I have heard good things about MAC products, my older sister swears by them.

Good thread, I'm going to go make up hunting soon too, so this helps! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users