Jump to content

Photo

some thing is missing from my invites! help!


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 8,680 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
  • LocationUtah

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:19 PM

Good job Leigh I love it! i think if you do anything extra it may take away from the starfish.

They look great, thanks for sharing :)

#22 VALERIE

VALERIE
  • Newbie
  • 97 posts

    Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:51 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LEIGH
    Not only do they not look finished, but are they going to mail alright with the starfish glued on? (is the starfish gonna be crushed when they open them? Should I get busy and make some else to go around them or something?)
    Do any of you have any experience with these? And can you think of anything that I can add to jazz it up a bit?! Or do you like them simple like that and then surprise everyone with all of the color once they get there?
    Help!
    Leigh - Your invites are very similar to the ones I sent out, so I'm going to share what I learned!

    I put mine in regular 'greeting' card envelopes from Staples. I found that the smaller the starfish, the better they traveled (the larger starfish seemed to break easier). I made sure to get glue on each arm/leg of the starfish, this seemed to help (versus just a dab in the middle).

    I also think that my ribbon was thick enough to take the brunt of some of the post office handling. Also, when you take them to the post office, be sure to ask that they not put them through the machine (this will smush them completely!).

    In the end, I wish I would have spent a little more and got the padded envelopes.

    Hope this helps!

    Click the image to open in full size.

    #23 lulubelle

    lulubelle
    • Newbie
    • 148 posts

      Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:17 AM

      I like the idea of the raffia but sometimes that stuff can be hard to work with. Another idea is to use a pretty sheer ribbon, I believe someone else suggested this as well. I would not worry about the starfish breaking in the mail. A friend of mine did something similar and she did not have any trouble. Best of luck, they are darling! :)

      #24 jpkw

      jpkw
      • VIP Member
      • 1,650 posts

        Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:55 AM

        Leigh - I think they look GREAT! You don't need to add anything else - they are perfect! When you go to the post office, ask for 'hand cancelling' - this is to make sure they stamp them by hand and don't go thru the machine as Valerie suggested.

        You could always mail one to yourself and see how it comes back to you to check for breakage...

        #25 MagsieMexico

        MagsieMexico
        • Jr. Member
        • 420 posts

          Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:53 AM

          I think they're perfect Leigh - perfect as is... but then again, I like the simple stuff... I may have to steal your idea!
          Margaret & Eric

          #26 LEIGH

          LEIGH
          • Jr. Member
          • 478 posts

            Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:31 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by jpkw
            Leigh - I think they look GREAT! You don't need to add anything else - they are perfect! When you go to the post office, ask for 'hand cancelling' - this is to make sure they stamp them by hand and don't go thru the machine as Valerie suggested.

            You could always mail one to yourself and see how it comes back to you to check for breakage...
            That's it!!!!!!!!! I'm going to send one to myself! Thanks!!!!!!!
            You are soooooooooooooooooo smart! (I never would have thought about doing that!!!)
            Thanks!!
            Leigh and Bryan
            October 7th, 2007

            http://tickers.Ticke....5da3/event.png
            <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i176.photobuc.../mueller4-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"></a>

            #27 AmyInMI

            AmyInMI
            • Member
            • 547 posts

              Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:59 AM

              Hey Leigh,

              I was just wondering if you could share a link to the person who you had print your invites.

              Thanks a bunch!
              http://i77.photobuck....nsetkiss-1.jpg
              Amy & Aaron
              May 10, 2008
              Dreams Tulum, Riviera Maya, Mexico

              #28 LEIGH

              LEIGH
              • Jr. Member
              • 478 posts

                Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:51 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by AmyInMI
                Hey Leigh,

                I was just wondering if you could share a link to the person who you had print your invites.

                Thanks a bunch!
                I went online to ebay, and couldn't find any current listings for the beach starfish invites.....but here is her ebay user name and you can contact her for pricing and ordering! mysticnici
                she also has a website...trying to find it now
                Leigh and Bryan
                October 7th, 2007

                http://tickers.Ticke....5da3/event.png
                <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i176.photobuc.../mueller4-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"></a>

                #29 KellyandMatt08

                KellyandMatt08
                • Jr. Member
                • 490 posts

                  Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:51 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by VALERIE
                  Leigh - Your invites are very similar to the ones I sent out, so I'm going to share what I learned!

                  I put mine in regular 'greeting' card envelopes from Staples. I found that the smaller the starfish, the better they traveled (the larger starfish seemed to break easier). I made sure to get glue on each arm/leg of the starfish, this seemed to help (versus just a dab in the middle).

                  I also think that my ribbon was thick enough to take the brunt of some of the post office handling. Also, when you take them to the post office, be sure to ask that they not put them through the machine (this will smush them completely!).

                  In the end, I wish I would have spent a little more and got the padded envelopes.

                  Hope this helps!

                  Click the image to open in full size.
                  Where did you get your invites from?

                  #30 Mishi

                  Mishi
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 224 posts
                  • Wedding Date:April 20, 2007
                  • Wedding Location:Dominican Republic
                  • LocationVolcano, HI

                  Posted 25 March 2007 - 01:42 AM

                  I don't know if I am too late and you have already decided, found a solution or even mailed them out, but I had to post. I used starfish in my invites, and they are VERY FRAGILE. I tied them around the top of bottles (msg in a bottle) and put them in bubble wrap and in a hard box and still 2 out of 10 got broken in shipping. You definately will need some kind of protection for them.
                  Sorry, but I would rather you know. If you can figure out a way to protect them, it is worth it because they are beautiful!




                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users