Photo

Biodegradble Sunscreen?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 SheaS

SheaS
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:51 AM

Does anyone know of any cheap biodegradable sunscreen? I have read that is you plan to go snorkeling or swimming with the dolphins that it needs to be biodegradable...

any info.?

#2 lambert13

lambert13
    • 901 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:17 PM

Mexitan has 2 oz bottles of the biodegradable stuff

Mexitan Products

So does Sunshield

SmartShield Suncare - Product Catalog

Neither are exactly cheap, but they are good quality lotions. The biodegradable lotion is great for using in any water environment. The standard sunscreens affect the reef and ecosystem in the ocean regardless of where you are.

#3 Martha

Martha
      • VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:18 PM

Bump! I want to buy travel sizes for my guests to use if they need it!

I found some called Kiss My Face or something like that....it was the cheapest. Anyone ever hear of this?

#4 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
        • 1,131 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:05 AM

I've heard of the brand, but didn't know they had sunscreen. Pretty reputable brand, from what I know.

#5 BeachBride82

BeachBride82
          • 51 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:37 AM

Hawaiian Tropic has biodegradable sunscreen now. I found it at Walmart for $8. It comes with a smaller detachable bottle that fits perfectly in a purse.

We went on several excursions and were never asked about 'biodegradable sunscreen' by the excursion companies, but it definitely is good to plan ahead just in case!

#6 Martha

Martha
            • VIP Member
            • 3,906 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:39 AM

Thanks for the tips! I was hoping to find something less expensive since I have to buy 10 for OOT bags. I'll check it out though! Thanks!

#7 Melissa G

Melissa G
              • 105 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:42 AM

I use Burt's Bees all natural sunscreen that does not have chemicals. I love all of their products!

Heres a link to the sunscreen:

https://www.burtsbee....0001&langId=-1

#8 merocket59

merocket59
                • 937 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:24 PM

I didn't even know anything about biodegradible sunscreen before this post, thanks for the info! Any more brands that people like to use? I love burts bees products so maybe i'll pick some of that up.

#9 SunBride

SunBride
                  • 1,499 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:41 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by BeachBride82
                    Hawaiian Tropic has biodegradable sunscreen now. I found it at Walmart for $8. It comes with a smaller detachable bottle that fits perfectly in a purse.

We went on several excursions and were never asked about 'biodegradable sunscreen' by the excursion companies, but it definitely is good to plan ahead just in case!
                    This is what I bought and brought with me to Xel-Ha, although they don't accept it, say it takes 8 years to degrade whereas the one they sell only takes like a fraction of that amount of time. So they gave me free samples in exchange for me handing in my bottle for the day, and they gave me a number to pick up my bottle at the end of teh day, but of course I forgot I should mention that I actually went to ask if the sunscreen was acceptable, I totally could have used it without anyone knowing, it's not like they have sunscreen guards watching everyone :) Oh yeah, and many other people posted on other forums that they had the same experience with Hawaian tropic at Xel-Ha.

#10 Martha

Martha
                    • VIP Member
                    • 3,906 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:04 PM

Sunbride, we are going to Xel-Ha and that's why I need the biodegradable...do you think I should just wait and get theirs? I know they (xel-ha) sell it, but it's expensive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users