Cabo Locals - any word on Hurricane Norbert??

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Morton-Woods

• 301 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:12 PM

hey girls just wanted to let you know i asked my wc when i talked to her this afternoon what the deal was and she said it was expected to pass about 5 hours to the north and they only had the chance, about 30% she said, for rain and tropical storm winds... hopefully this doesnt effect some of yalls day.... sorry if this is a repeat

#22 lizcolgin

• 60 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:33 AM

Coleen, thank you for calming me down. I am leaving on Tuesday to get there for our wedding on Friday, the 17th. I have been paying attention to Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground and I think things look good. Please keep us updated as to what is going on. Thank you!

#23 Kelly C

Kelly C
      • 2,051 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:13 PM

Kelley, We leave the same day. Everything I have seen looks good for us! Lets keep our fingers crossed.
        Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#24 Bradley Fraser

Bradley Fraser
        • 74 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 02:29 PM

It is now 12:24 p.m. on Saturday, October 11th in Cabo and the center of the storm is hitting the coast about 130 miles north of here. At the moment here it is a little gusty and no rain. Looking at the sat image I suspect we will be back to our sunny sky's and possibly cooler weather by tomorrow. It's all good here.

#25 lgarner83

• 530 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 02:50 PM

yay!!! Crossing my fingers!

#26 lizcolgin

• 60 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 11:13 AM

Thanks for getting back to me and I hope you have a great time in Cabo! I think it's funny that you are Kelly C. I am Kelley C. for the next 2 weeks! Looks like the weather is looking great.

#27 lizcolgin

• 60 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 11:15 AM

Thank you Coleen for your comforting words. I figure whatever happens, happens. We are just looking forward to a great time with our friends, family, and with eachother. We can't wait!!

#28 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:19 PM

yay, it has left cabo and is now clear for erica's wedding today...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
                Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#29 unikphoto

• Vendor
                • 87 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 01:36 PM

Yes!, we are very fortunate in Cabo, few hurricanes actually hit Cabo, they usually pass close to us, sparing Cabo which is the prayer of many of us who live here.

Anyhow, Norbert is totally gone. It is Sunday at noon and all is beautiful and sunny, plus its cooler, which helps much.

Tropical Storm Odile is only a Tropical Depresion, which is a degrade from a TS and is about 300 miles from here and dying....yes, dying fast!

Originally Posted by mushkilla
                  Please post any updates here...my guests are worried!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users