Photo

Cabo Locals - any word on Hurricane Norbert??

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 mushkilla

mushkilla
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:44 PM

Please post any updates here...my guests are worried!!

#2 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
    • 456 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:26 PM

SEE?! Now do you see why I was stressed yesterday?! Lol.
      Here is what my understanding is of this storm: It is currently in the middle of the ocean...no where near land. They predicted it's going to move North towards the Baja but weaken as it does so. The result just may be rain...if you look on the Weather Network's five day forecast, they show it being sunny on Saturday, so WHO KNOWS?!
      Here is a website I have been watching: BlueBox Video Player - weather.com

On the right hand side, click on: "The Latest on Tropics". They are mostly focused on Hurrican Marco (on the other side of Mexico) but they do say some about Norbert. (Check this site often for updates)
      To me, this Norbert will do most of it's damage in the middle of the ocean causing big waves and not touch land.
      D & K
      October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

http://tickers.Ticke....7276/event.png

#3 Kelly C

Kelly C
      • 2,051 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:28 PM

Okay, Im with you today... My TA said she got an update on it and most of the rain should be this weekend. So keep your fingers crossed.
        Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#4 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
        • 456 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:03 PM

I emailed Donna from Cabo FLowers (I am buying my hair flower from them) and this is what she wrote back:

"The hurricane is suppose to hit this Fri or Sat but we usually do not get much of them. They mostly turn away and head out to the ocean. All we can do is watch as we are suppose to get alot of rain on Sat. It will be gone by your wedding day but the flight in maybe something to check early."

Not much help, but it's something...Just THink sun, and we'll get sun!
          D & K

#5 mushkilla

mushkilla
          • 47 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:40 AM

I'm thinking Sun - fiance is thinking 'damn, look how good the weather is going to be in Toronto and we're getting sloshed by Norbert in Mexico!!!'. Our temps in toronto are going to be fantastic next week LOL and we've been having crap weather this whole time! Ah well...still can't wait!!!

#6 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
            • 456 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:24 AM

Here is the projected path for Norbert:

Hurricane NORBERT

It looks like by Saturday it will already be heading in-land.
              I hope it wil all work out....I am just waiting for my guests to start freaking out...if they do, I'm at the point where I will snap.
              D & K

#7 Mango Deck

Mango Deck
              • 141 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:02 PM

The Hurricane is a categiry 2 and it's supposed to go 3, today, and should weaken as it comes closer to Baja.
                It's supposed to hit the middle of Baja on saturday, if that happens, We should be getting some wind, rain & high tides (nothing compared to Cuba or New Orleans).

But, due to the histoy between Cabo and Hurricanes, this one should either re-direct west and get lost in the ocean or, the most likely to happen, keep moving North-North East and get through Baja, then jumping to the California Gulf, and hitting the nearby states (Sinaloa, Sonora & Baja California).

So don't worry too much... You should be getting a price... Getting married in Cabo... on a rainy day??...LOL...Just kidding, that's not gonna happen.

#8 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
                • 456 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:15 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Mango Deck
                  The Hurricane is a categiry 2 and it's supposed to go 3, today, and should weaken as it comes closer to Baja.
                  It's supposed to hit the middle of Baja on saturday, if that happens, We should be getting some wind, rain & high tides (nothing compared to Cuba or New Orleans).

But, due to the histoy between Cabo and Hurricanes, this one should either re-direct west and get lost in the ocean or, the most likely to happen, keep moving North-North East and get through Baja, then jumping to the California Gulf, and hitting the nearby states (Sinaloa, Sonora & Baja California).

So don't worry too much... You should be getting a price... Getting married in Cabo... on a rainy day??...LOL...Just kidding, that's not gonna happen.

Thank you for the update! I am praying that it will re-direct West, dissipate in the ocean or not have a huge impact on land.
                  I am sooo worried!
                  D & K

#9 *Lo*

*Lo*
                  • 2,993 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:11 PM

I hope everything works out for your wedding!

#10 Kelly C

Kelly C
                    • 2,051 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:20 PM

Okay starting to freak too... Talked with Criss at Floretna she said Rain Fri Sat it suppose to hit La Paz. She said no worries
                      Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users