haha I wish we didn't. It's a PIA.
    Happily married since 2008

#12 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:29 PM

Could you bring a catered lunch in? That would be a little fancier and tastier than gift basket food.

My other suggestion would be a white elephant gift...something totally hideous, just for laughs.

oooh, you could do one of those gift exchanges, Chinese auctions?, where each person gets a number then chooses a gift, and you have the opportunity to steal.

I know it's not uber professional, but we did it with the faculty and deans when I worked for the university and they got vicious! It was fun to watch.

#13 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
      • 1,206 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:56 PM

Lastyear was my first Boss's Day with my current Boss. I went out and bought him an Editable Arrangement... he loved it, he is a big fruit person, well I should say his wife is every morning and he ends up eating it at some point during the day .... He and I went through and picked out what we wanted and then left it out on my desk for the rest of the afternoon for everyone else in the office. One of the other guys in the office hurried up to order one for his boss too since he works in another office. This year I am at a total loss ...

#14 beachbride08

beachbride08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,372 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:29 PM

We actually celebrated Boss' Day today since our Boss will be travelling next week and we are all in the office today for training. My boss is female, but she is not a frilly lady (doesn't like flowers, rides a Harley, lives in the city, etc.) She does go out to eat a lot and loves wine so we all pitched in and got her an assortment of wines from Bin 36, and we took her out to lunch today. We used to get my old boss Cookies by Design, or flowers. A gift certificate to a restaurant ca n be an option too.
          Michelle

#15 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
          • VIP Member
          • 2,347 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 02:18 PM

Being a smart-ass... i've decided my gift for my boss is going to be a talking bobblehead of "Bill Lumbard" from the movie "Office Space". :)

#16 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 12:22 AM

haha- that's awesome Maria. Do you think your boss will catch the hint?
              Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users