Bridal Shower for Out of Town Bride

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RoryS

• 230 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:26 PM

My niece is getting married next June in Mexico. She lives in Arizona, along with most of her friends and Mom and sister.
    My sister is originally from NJ, so all of her family is here. My niece is only inviting about 6 or 7 of us from NJ. Would it be appropriate to do some sort of a local shower for her here? I was just thinking of inviting the family and having some sort of a brunch, or would that be strange with just 6 of us and no bride?

#2 stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,853 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:39 PM

So you would have a bridal shower with out the bride? In my own opionion I think that is a horrible idea, sorry. But if I was that bride and people had a shower for me with out me i would be pissed.
      Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#3 RoryS

• 230 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:32 AM

Thank you for your input. I don't think my niece would be pissed, as she is a very caring person and would be happy that those who loved her were thinking about her, due to the fact that we wouldn't be able to join her on her own local shower. We are all travelling to the RM for the wedding, so it wouldn't be possible to pay to fly to AZ for a shower, as well.
        I had seen some suggestions on other websites for possibly getting together, bringing the gifts unwrapped and wrapping them up and shipping them to the bride. I know she has wanted a lingerie shower, so it would be fun to see the items that the others purchased for her. I would provide different wrapping paper and bows, etc. and we could take pictures to send to her. Just a way to let her know that she is loved and cared for by the folks "back east" who can't possibly be there on her shower day.
        If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions; I'd be happy to hear them.

#4 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:19 AM

I like the idea of having a wrapping party that you just described. I think that would be cute. You should definately do something like that. I would just not call it a bridal shower so there's no confusion that the bride will be there.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users