Sign in to follow this  
neen

Crap - my wedding dress is the wrong color!!!

I think the initial disappointment has worn off...I'm going to go back and try it on all done up like y'all have suggested and I think I'll be happy with. I'll post pics of me in it once I do and see what you think :)

That totally sucks.. is the picture white or ivory.. either way, the dress is gorgeous.. what size is it and how muchhuh.gif maybe there is someone on here that will help you get that ivory one afterall by purchasing your white one??

Quote:
Originally Posted by neen View Post
I think the initial disappointment has worn off...I'm going to go back and try it on all done up like y'all have suggested and I think I'll be happy with. I'll post pics of me in it once I do and see what you think :)
That's the spirit...go for it and see how it feels...can't wait for pics! :-D

My questions is who did you order through? They they should have been in charge of askign you if you wanted the color you were wearing or white? I would put some pressure on them to make it right.

I tried my dress on this past weekend as it just came in as well and had the same problem except my dress showed up in Ivory (I have yellow toned skin so this does not look good). When I complained I made them bring me the floor sample as I would NEVER order an ivory dress for me (especiallyw ith platinum crystals) on my skin. They brought in the floor model and the color was ivory but it had faded to white due to being in the sun....they should have told me this. I was furious as well. So, I understand your pain and have had to change a lot in the last 72 hours. The bottom line is...it is still a beautiful dress that I am sure it looks lovely on you. Give it a chance and see if they can fix it by dyign it for you. Good luck and I am sorry for your disappointment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathie View Post
I suggest doing a hair rehearsal and then go to the shop and try it on with your hair up and your jewelry and makeup, you know get the whole look. I think you'll love it.
Kathie's Suggestion is TOPS!!! But.. I agree... that you need to love your dress... I would talk to the Bridal Salon and see if they can locate one in another shop... in your chosen colour of Ivory.

And??

How do you feel about the dress now... Sorry to hear it's the wrong color, but I really hope it works out for you in the white dress!!

Goodluck and post some pics if you have them.

Awwww..I so feel your pain. Only another bride could understand..I'm sure someone has told you that it doesn't make a difference or that the colors are so similar it won't matter, but ofcourse it matters to you!

What about calling around some other shops? Maybe they have a sample in your size that you could buy. If your bridal shop is a chain, they may have one in another city...at the very least, you should be able to contact other retail outlets that carry the line and see if they have any samples available for purchase.

I wish you luck...try to stay calm. It IS a beautiful dress, no matter what the color. I hope you find a solution that will work for you!!