A good decently priced printer?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 endlesslove

• 362 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:42 PM

I plan on making out STD's and Invites at home. Currently, I have a craptastic Dell printer I haven't used in 2 years. We need a new one, but I can't decide which one.

I want one that will print on metallic paper and card stock, but not more than $200. I'd really like to stay away from a laser jet just because the toner refills are insanely priced.

Any recommendations?

#2 FoxyBride

• 609 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:59 PM

You're going to want a laser printer for that high quality look. Though toner costs more, it last longer than inkjet so it really comes out to about the same price.

#3 anaderoux

• 3,220 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:00 PM

I don't think you can find an inkjet or a laser that can print metallic cardstock for that price.. it's really hard to print on metallic cardstock.

#4 GracieBebe

• 354 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:35 PM

If you are looking for an all around good printer, the Ricoh c410dn or the c411dn are excellent printers that will print on any card stock. My fiance is in the card printing business and uses these printers himself. They print excellent quality images and their toner cost is much lower than most laser printers. You can sometimes find a really good deal online for them such as ebay or other online searches. You can find them new for about $700-$800 (I know it's more than you wanted to spend) but they will last you a very long time before you need to replace any parts and the toner will last you 15,000 pages. Hope that helps.
          - Grace
          Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
          Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
          Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
          Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users