• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:01 PM

Hi All

I really need your help and advice!!

I contact Sweet Dreams yesterday regarding getting info on prices for the wedding cakes we wanted - turns out they don't deliver to Cancun - majorly gutted!! Probably really obvious to everyone, but I had no clue how far away they were from Cancun! boooo

Anyhooo, can anyone recommend somewhere I can get my wedding cakes from in the Mexico, Riveria area? I'm getting married at Moon Palace, so would be looking for the cakes to be delivered there!

We are looking for the individual cakes which Tammyb had - as shown on the first page of this link:

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22650

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#2 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
    • 2,777 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:16 PM

We are having Jennifer from Turtle Bay Cafe in Akumal do ours. I'm not sure if she would deliver to Cancun or not. Akumal is about an hour and a half south of Cancun. Personally I think she has great prices. Here's our cake:

Click the image to open in full size.

She's charging us $300 for us and the shells are white chocolate and that includes the delivery charge. She would definitely do individual cakes for you.

They're website is Page Title There isn't alot of info on there, but you can email Jennifer at bartley_smith@msn.com
      She usually replies pretty quickly so you could try her.

#3 Sascha Gluck Photography

Sascha Gluck Photography

Insiders

• Insiders
      • 1,538 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:33 PM

Hi..... check out City of Cakes - Pasteles para bodas, fiestas, eventos en Cancun

#4 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
        • 1,634 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:42 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jacilynda
          We are having Jennifer from Turtle Bay Cafe in Akumal do ours. I'm not sure if she would deliver to Cancun or not. Akumal is about an hour and a half south of Cancun. Personally I think she has great prices. Here's our cake:

Click the image to open in full size.

She's charging us $300 for us and the shells are white chocolate and that includes the delivery charge. She would definitely do individual cakes for you.

They're website is Page Title There isn't alot of info on there, but you can email Jennifer at bartley_smith@msn.com
          She usually replies pretty quickly so you could try her.

Your cake is gorgeous - I love the colours!

I really have my heart set on the individual cakes - so i've emailed Jennifer to see if she would deliver to MP - fingers crossed!

Otherwise I'll need to drop MP themselves and see if they can replica the cakes! I'll leave that as my last port of call!

xxxxxxxxxx

#5 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
          • 1,634 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:52 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sascha Gluck Photography
            Thanks, I have also emailed this company as well - I hope they can read english?

#6 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
            • 1,634 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:15 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Winnie Vallejo
              Yes, contact in Cancun terecazola.com those are yummie cakes.
              Do you have an email address for them? I am struggling to navigate their website because of the language barrier!

Thanks

#7 jasminecameron

jasminecameron
              • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:18 AM

For further information check this site.
                Mexican Wedding Cakes Recipe & Photo - Joyofbaking.com
                ------------------------
                Jasmine

Guaranteed ROI

#8 Cindy&London

Cindy&London
                • 258 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:31 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Mrs D To Be!
                  Your cake is gorgeous - I love the colours!

I really have my heart set on the individual cakes - so i've emailed Jennifer to see if she would deliver to MP - fingers crossed!

Otherwise I'll need to drop MP themselves and see if they can replica the cakes! I'll leave that as my last port of call!

xxxxxxxxxx
                  I'm getting married at the Moon Palace as well!! Do they let you get the cake delivered to MP?? What are the stipulations on that? I'm looking to get a cake made as well and we have our heart set on something specific.. Can you let me know what you find out?? That would be amazing :) Thanks so much for this thread!!

#9 MarieSam

MarieSam
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,336 posts
                    • LocationSouthern California

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:21 AM

Jen at Turtle Bay Cafe is both my coordinator and caterer!! They make wonderful cakes ~ real buttercream frosting not whipped like most bakeries in the area because their butter is imported!! Their tres leches cake is delish, not wet like it's usually made.

They also make ice cream cakes if anyone is interested in that. Another alternative to small cakes is cupcakes, which is what Jen is doing for our wedding ~ a small cake for FI and I to cut and then 120 cupcakes of a variety of different flavors on a tree stand!!

#10 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
                    • 1,634 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:27 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Anthony'sGirl
                      I'm getting married at the Moon Palace as well!! Do they let you get the cake delivered to MP?? What are the stipulations on that? I'm looking to get a cake made as well and we have our heart set on something specific.. Can you let me know what you find out?? That would be amazing :) Thanks so much for this thread!!
                      Hey girl!

I don't know what mp's policy is on the wedding cakes - maybe i should email them before i go too deep in this! but i know there are ways around there photographer policy so i'm guessing its the same with their cakes!

xxxxxxxxxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users