how to "dress up" a linen suit

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GarlicBride

GarlicBride
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:40 PM

Hi everyone,

We're getting married in South-West France and my FI is French. He loves wearing linen and really wants to wear this on his wedding day and for it to be "de rigueur" for all the men at the wedding. I'm more than happy with this. However I want him to stand out a bit as the groom. He's going to have a flower but so will his Best Man and our Temoin (french equivalent of witnesses). We aren't buying the attire for male attendants, not done in France and basically impossible given that they all live in different countries (France, UK and USA).

So, how can I make him stand out as the groom without losing the relaxed linen look? Waistcoat? matching handkerchief in pocket? white tie?

What do people think?

Hannah

#2 samanthag

samanthag
    • 896 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:15 PM

Just wondering, do you have a picture of what he is wearing?

#3 GarlicBride

GarlicBride
      • 71 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 06:11 PM

hi,

here's the suit on the model from the shop website (he already owns the suit, bought it this summer):
        Next - Summer Suits - Page 1.1 - Tailoring - Mens

thanks

Hannah

#4 quackquack

quackquack
        • 152 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:56 AM

Are the grooms wearing the same suit? If so, the groom can probably wear a plain tie and he can wear a printed one

#5 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
          • 1,083 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:54 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by quackquack
            Are the grooms wearing the same suit? If so, the groom can probably wear a plain tie and he can wear a printed one
            I agree.. or you can go opposite with the men wearing subtely printed ties and the groom wearing a white tie/plain tie.

I happen to love pocket squares; so he could also do that to distinguish himself.

Or.. you can have him wear a tie and the groomsmen not wear a tie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users