Any TTCer's out there?

Birdie07

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations! That is an amazing announcement!

Originally Posted by Simistar View Post

I thought I'd check in!:-)

Just finished my first trimester screening and everything's looking good! *huge sigh of relief*

We are finally starting to tell people...I just told my work yesterday:-)

I also just posted an announcement for all my friends on FB...I'll try to attach it here, since we had some fun with it and I thought you guys might get a kick out of it:-)

Announcement.jpg

Teira, Wow! I'm so happy for you.

Originally Posted by Teira1031 View Post

OMG that is such a cute idea! I'm glad everything is going good for you!

We just found out last friday that we're PREGNANT! Woo hoo! Finally! I'm 5 weeks today and due May 2nd! Hows everybody else doing? Any new BFPs?

Yeah I checked FB to see if you posted it I was gonna congradulate you on there, but once I saw it wasnt on there figured Id congradulate you on here lol, figured you hadnt made it officially known yet cheesy.gif

Originally Posted by Teira1031 View Post

Thanks Brandy! We're very excited but keeping it quiet for a while longer, at least until our first appt when im about 8 weeks along . Its nice to be able to share our news on here without our family having to find out lol

We are just beginning TTC. My family has a history of difficulty conceiving and tough pregnancies, so we are a little nervous. The Dr. said not to worry and said I would have to wait through a full year of TTC before he'd do any testing. I knew he'd say that, but with my family history I was hoping he'd be a little more willing to test earlier. After reading all these pages, I had no idea about the temperature and cycle connection. Gosh, I feel like I know so little about my own body!! Hah!

I'm sure it was mentioned in this thread at some point, but if you want to learn more about your body and how it works, you should buy a copy of TCOYF (Taking Charge of Your Fertility) and join Fertility Friend.  TCOYF was a bit boring for me and I never really used it, but I love FF for tracking your info and cycles.  Temps were never a good indication for me since mine were all over the place, but I learned other things like using OPK (ovulation predictor kit).  OPK's are a stick that you pee on (much like a pregnancy test) and it will tell you when your LH surge is happening so you know that you are ovulating within the next 12-24 hours and need to have sex.  Plus FF has an online tutorial that was quicker and easier then TCOYF.  FF is free to chart, but you have to pay to be a member of the forums.  If you "like" them on facebook, you can sometimes get discounts, but you have to be quick b/c they only give a certain amount out and they go FAST.  So from my personal experience, if you want to learn more, you should sign up for the FF free version and see how it feels and how much you learn.

Thank you!!! I put my new (and limited) photoshop skills to work:-)

My husband loved it and thinks I should start a business doing announcements, lol - so if/when you are successful in TTC and need an announcement... ;-)

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland View Post

Simistar, how did you make that magazine cover, it is so cute!

Simistar I LOVE your announcement it is so cute and a great idea!!!!

An update for me is I'm about a week late and about 95% I'm pregnant!!!! I'm waiting to take a test because my sister in-law and husband are coming  up today, and if I an preggers I wont be able to keep it a secret! We don't want to tell anyone till we see a doctor and till we about 10 weeks along.

Sending positive thoughts your way!!

Originally Posted by AngelaPolles View Post

Simistar I LOVE your announcement it is so cute and a great idea!!!!

An update for me is I'm about a week late and about 95% I'm pregnant!!!! I'm waiting to take a test because my sister in-law and husband are coming  up today, and if I an preggers I wont be able to keep it a secret! We don't want to tell anyone till we see a doctor and till we about 10 weeks along.