Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Birdie07

Any TTCer's out there?

Recommended Posts

 

 

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland View Post

 

Thanks Simistar! I'm from Ireland but living in US at the moment (long story, came here for work temporarily, met my fiance, well boyfriend at the time, decided to stay longer and got a green card via work, so split my time between the two as my company is international), so my health insurance is in US. I think I will definitely make a doctors appointment and go ask for the tests. My doctor isn't terrible, but not great either, if I feel she is not taking this seriously I think this will be a good sign for me to change PCP. Thank you so much for the advice! Ordered my book and thermometer last night and already have my prenatal vitamins and iron supplements. I quit smoking almost 4 years ago, started working out at least 3 hours a week since February so overall doing good, although I do want to focus on less stress at work, i literally work around the clock and I can feel it taking it's toll on me, plus I want to cut back on the booze, have gotten into the habit of having some wine to alleviate the work stress and wedding stress and I think I should cut back or even cut out altogether if planning to have a baby.

 

Wow -- sounds like you're doing all the right things!:-)

I know what you mean about work stress, and that CAN play a big factor, so do what you can to alleviate the stress...maybe consider yoga in your workouts? I don't do yoga myself, but friends of mine swear by it to help them de-stress:-)

One big things is start tracking your cycles, which can be hard if you're irregular..I'm not as irregular as you I don't think, but I certainly don't fall into the "28-day cycle norm".

I bought a Clearblue Digital Fertility Monitor (not cheap! About $200) which I thought really helped me b/c of my irregular cycles. BUT, lots of girls with irregular cycles, just use the regular ovulation sticks, basal temperature etc etc and are fine;-)

 

I think it's a GREAT idea to go to your doctor sooner than later. And absolutely, if you feel he/she isn't taking you seriously, get a new one who will:-)

It's amazing how much time all this stuff takes...and unfortunately, a lot of it is "cycle" dependent...meaning you'll often have to wait for your next cycle to start to do a certain blood test or take a certain drug or get an internal ultrasound, etc etc...and every time you have to wait for your next cycle, that's another month gone:-(

And if they DO find something that needs to be dealt with ( a cyst, polyp, whatever) then that adds time on too...

Thankfully for us, it seems there weren't any major red flags, just the usual stuff when you try to conceive when you're older (lower sperm motility, etc).

 

Most doctors will likely tell you (and your fiance!) to cut back on drinking when you're TTC...I still had a glass about a once a week:-)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks Simistar.

My FI as it happens has a doc's appointment this coming Friday so I asked him if he would talk his doctor whilst he is there about some male fetility tests, and to my surprise he did not kick up a fuss and agreed to (he is absolutely dying to start a faimily!!), I need to do the same myself and hopefully this will put us on the right track. TTC wise I don't think it makes a difference (but this could be me being naive), but my FI has MS. I hope this doesn't have negative impacts of TTC (dont think it has any bearing) but yup, I really need to talk to my doctor.

Thanks so much!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simistar View Post




Wow -- sounds like you're doing all the right things!:-)

I know what you mean about work stress, and that CAN play a big factor, so do what you can to alleviate the stress...maybe consider yoga in your workouts? I don't do yoga myself, but friends of mine swear by it to help them de-stress:-)

One big things is start tracking your cycles, which can be hard if you're irregular..I'm not as irregular as you I don't think, but I certainly don't fall into the "28-day cycle norm".

I bought a Clearblue Digital Fertility Monitor (not cheap! About $200) which I thought really helped me b/c of my irregular cycles. BUT, lots of girls with irregular cycles, just use the regular ovulation sticks, basal temperature etc etc and are fine;-)

 

I think it's a GREAT idea to go to your doctor sooner than later. And absolutely, if you feel he/she isn't taking you seriously, get a new one who will:-)

It's amazing how much time all this stuff takes...and unfortunately, a lot of it is "cycle" dependent...meaning you'll often have to wait for your next cycle to start to do a certain blood test or take a certain drug or get an internal ultrasound, etc etc...and every time you have to wait for your next cycle, that's another month gone:-(

And if they DO find something that needs to be dealt with ( a cyst, polyp, whatever) then that adds time on too...

Thankfully for us, it seems there weren't any major red flags, just the usual stuff when you try to conceive when you're older (lower sperm motility, etc).

 

Most doctors will likely tell you (and your fiance!) to cut back on drinking when you're TTC...I still had a glass about a once a week:-)

 

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awe, well I was excited to post in here, but seeing all the trouble you girls are having makes me not want to say my good news.  :(  But, maybe it will be the start of good news for the rest of you as well!!  I wish all of you the best in your TTC!! 

 

And so,..... I am shocked to say it, but I have two positive tests on my hands.  So, I take it that means I am officially preggo?!  I am excited but scared at the same time.  I didn't expect it so fast.  I am going to tell my hubby tonight.  Any ideas for a unique way to do it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

 

Awe, well I was excited to post in here, but seeing all the trouble you girls are having makes me not want to say my good news.  :(  But, maybe it will be the start of good news for the rest of you as well!!  I wish all of you the best in your TTC!! 

 

And so,..... I am shocked to say it, but I have two positive tests on my hands.  So, I take it that means I am officially preggo?!  I am excited but scared at the same time.  I didn't expect it so fast.  I am going to tell my hubby tonight.  Any ideas for a unique way to do it? 

 

Tish congratulations! Wow, I guess it was lucky to be part of the April 2011 brides group because you are the second mommy-to-be. I don't know if you can wait for Sunday but maybe you could surprise him with a Father's Day gift?

 

I know it's tough reading how some people conceive right away while others have a longer wait. I think it's best to consider it as waiting for the perfect one. And once they arrive, it is worth the wait.

 

I hope more of us can make this exciting announcement soon. Lots of hugs, health and happiness!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Congratulations. Amazing news. Best of luck to you.
 

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Awe, well I was excited to post in here, but seeing all the trouble you girls are having makes me not want to say my good news.  :(  But, maybe it will be the start of good news for the rest of you as well!!  I wish all of you the best in your TTC!! 

 

And so,..... I am shocked to say it, but I have two positive tests on my hands.  So, I take it that means I am officially preggo?!  I am excited but scared at the same time.  I didn't expect it so fast.  I am going to tell my hubby tonight.  Any ideas for a unique way to do it? 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I got pregnant the first time in June 2009, I bought him a Father's Day card and a little pair of teeny bear slippers.  I didn't wait for Father's Day though, so you could do something similar.  Congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Congrats!
 

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

I wish I was patient enough to wait, but I don't think I am.  :) 



I actually have some news too...I got my first BFP on Sunday! We have been trying for almost a year, and thanks to charting I was able to time BD this cycle despite it taking until CD86!

 

I got my BFP on CD99! So hopefully it was a quality egg and this is our sticky baby.  We're due Feb 20, two days before my birthday!

 

GL to all the TTC'ers that your BFP is around the corner when you least expect it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


You SHOULD want to say your good news!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

This should be a place where we can be happy for each other AND console each other:-)

Keep us posted on how you told you your hubby:-)
 

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Awe, well I was excited to post in here, but seeing all the trouble you girls are having makes me not want to say my good news.  :(  But, maybe it will be the start of good news for the rest of you as well!!  I wish all of you the best in your TTC!! 

 

And so,..... I am shocked to say it, but I have two positive tests on my hands.  So, I take it that means I am officially preggo?!  I am excited but scared at the same time.  I didn't expect it so fast.  I am going to tell my hubby tonight.  Any ideas for a unique way to do it? 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just read this! CONGRATS to you too!!!

Wow, this forum must be good luck!:-)

 

Originally Posted by seaprincess View Post


Congrats!
 



I actually have some news too...I got my first BFP on Sunday! We have been trying for almost a year, and thanks to charting I was able to time BD this cycle despite it taking until CD86!

 

I got my BFP on CD99! So hopefully it was a quality egg and this is our sticky baby.  We're due Feb 20, two days before my birthday!

 

GL to all the TTC'ers that your BFP is around the corner when you least expect it.

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi my husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at dreams Punta cana resort and spot QE hace the ultimate dream package but it's very simple the resort is charging a whole lot for decorations any one ever bought their own decorations to the resort they also charge to put your decorations up.
    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
  • Topics

×