Any TTCer's out there?

Birdie07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
Ok, I have another question for you guys....
I went to that fertilityfriend site and put in my last three periods. It showed me when my estimated most fertile days are..... IF that were correct are those the only days I can get pregnant? Or are those just the days it is most likely to happen? I know I should take my temp and all that but just say that it is correct with its prediction.....
Kat - I definitely recommend getting a Basal Body Thermometer at the drugstore. (about $9.99)

FF will give you estimated fertile days based on your cycle length - and assuming it is accurate in guestimating when you ovulate ... those are the only days you are fertile. It's a method (rhythm method) many use to AVOID pregnancy as well as ACHIEVE pregnancy.

Using and recording your BBT is ssoo helpful (I started recording my cervical fluid - CF - the first month and then taking my BBT and recording CF and other symptoms on FF after that) b/c based on that info it will track and record what your fertile days are. You are safe on other days from conceiving.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
I just bought a basal therm yesterday I am going to start using it as soon as AF starts!! I'll probably be bugging the heck out of you Tami lol
lol, you know I don't mind!

you can go ahead and start now to get an idea of what your Luteal Phase temps will be (so you know what to look for after you O.)

I would also sign up for the free Charting Courses on FF. They email you one once a day and it's really, really helpful in learning how FF works and how to read your body. I just took the test today and got my certificate for passing the course. Free, and worth it to better understand your body.

Also, if you want to get the VIP service at FF after your free trial is up - don't sign up at full price. After you let the trial lapse ... you'll get an email for a discounted price. I joined for 90-days (hopefully all the time I'll need, lol) for $16.90 ... which was a pretty significant discount.

PM or email me anytime if you have '??' ... but you know I'm still learning the TTC ropes (and the emotional ups and downs)! ;-)

Sending you some fabulous BABY DUST!!!

Quote:
I did the fertility friend thing. It ended. I just signed up at Ivillage.com It is free and they have a cool chart thingy too!
Cool. I'll check out iVillage too. I wouldn't mind a second place to input my data just to see how it compares since we are TTC ASAP. elefant.gif

We are TTC as of this month. I have read TCOYF about 6 months ago and I think it should be basic reading in health class. I learnd so much from it and love it. I went off BC because it was making me sick. I had more side effects than it was helping. So I have been charting about 4 months. Good luck to all of you guys and happy babymaking!

We are still in the "not charting, but not avoiding" phase. That being said, I've mapped out when I should ovulate based on AF, so I have an idea. Honestly, I want to start really trying this month, but financially its a terrible time for us to get pregnant, and I think my boss will flip the day I say I'm going to need maternity. But the ups and downs each month are HARD! This month I was a few days late, and I was convinced I was preggos, but just as I snagged a test at work, AF showed up. Figures, right?

Wishing you all BDW baby dust :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
We are still in the "not charting, but not avoiding" phase. That being said, I've mapped out when I should ovulate based on AF, so I have an idea. Honestly, I want to start really trying this month, but financially its a terrible time for us to get pregnant, and I think my boss will flip the day I say I'm going to need maternity. But the ups and downs each month are HARD! This month I was a few days late, and I was convinced I was preggos, but just as I snagged a test at work, AF showed up. Figures, right?

Wishing you all BDW baby dust :)
Ryan and I didn't avoid for a couple months so I know how it is. That is just the beginning of the TTC letdowns sadly. I am going to start charting this next cycle