Typical group rate discount

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DRB

DRB
  • 647 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:22 PM

Hi everyone,

FH and I have just started planning our DW and I have a question about group rates. What kind of a discount can you typically expect? We went to see a travel agent last weekend who didn't seem all that enthusiastic and we were told that the only "group rate" that we would get would be a guarantee that spots would be reserved for our guests to book (no price discount). This was really surprising because we think that we will have between 50 and 75 people attending our wedding (we're looking at booking an AI in Punta Cana). Is this normal?? We were also surprised because my FILs have booked a ton of vacations with this person and figured that we would get some type of a deal.

I have emailed Weddings by Oceans to get some information but we're still open to shopping around for a TA if anyone has any suggestions.

#2 Shannond4156

Shannond4156
    • 169 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:49 PM

We got around $100 off per package that was purchased for each room booked. Then through the tour operator me and my FI will get a rebate of $50 per room booked after the wedding. I would really suggest looking into a travel agent with destination wedding experience. I know there are a few on here. But just the tips and tricks we got from ours was worth it, especially when trying to pick a location!

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:49 PM

if you look in this travel forum or do a search you will see that this topic has been discussed pretty thoroughly with the pros and cons...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users