Isla Mujeres Palace Resort

Hi ladies -

we are planning a June '09 wedding at the Isla Mujeres resort - we're thinking 20 people will come. I'd love to continue to hear about any info you find out - what was helpful, things to consider, etc. Thanks and congrats!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hey girls,

We haven't spoken in a while so I just thought I would see if anyone has learned anything else about the resort? I have been busy with OOT bags and planning my AHR but nothing with the Palace Resorts.

Anyway, I just wanted to check in and say Happy New Year! We are all getting married so soon!!!!!

Hello Ladies-

I am a Palace Bride to be, but at Beach Palace. There are only a few Beach Palace brides, so I usually bounce around to the other Palace threads. Our wedding is April 23, 2009, and I still don't have my onsite wedding cord! I am being patient with a long list of questions. We are only having about 15 guests, so I am still on the fence about the DJ. Anyway, Just wanted to say Hello to everyone. Are any of you thinking about doing a trash the dress session?

Hi Lauraandmatt!

I hop around the Palace threads as well! I stayed at Beach Palace last May when I was looking for my wedding location. I really enjoyed the hotel- very modern and clean! I met with the wedding coordinator while I was there but it was very brief. I was trying to get some questions answered. It was very hard getting ahold of her but once I got 15 minutes with her, many of my questions were answered (the problem is that she only does weddings at that location, not at IM Palace). She didn't know anything about my resort so I didn't have tons to ask her. I could tell she was very attentive to the bride and groom that were getting married that day- but they had no family or friends with them.

About the DJ- I think I am going to pass on one at IMP because it is $1300 for 4 hours! Since I stayed at Beach Palace it depends on what you are looking for. They have a really fun sports bar (with pool tables) and they play some fun music (not always the most up to date though). There is another lounge/bar next door so between the two places, I think you have enough of a group to make it fun wherever you are! The sky bar can be a blast too - if it's open. You might want to as your WC about that.

I am not going to do a trash the dress only because I am having an at home reception and need the dress again! I can't seem to find another dress cheap enough so I think I might pass for now....but I do love the way the pics turn out!!!!!

Good luck!

Hello Ladies:

Well I haven't done much else in the way of the resort. I did specify my photographer - David Pena. I am working on my invites right now which is a chore in itself.

Right now I am not doing a Trash the Dress but I really want to with a different dress because I am doing an AHR also. The problem is I don't know if it is in the budget. Have any of you found any great deals?

What about a Welcome Reception? Are any of you considering that? Our guests are coming at different times so I don't know how we would do this.

For 1300 dollars, I will not be doing the DJ. We will probably just have some speakers for an ipod or something.

Well I hope all is going well for you ladies! I think we all are getting close to crunch time!

I am also working on my invites. I am finding it hard to make a final decision since I am doing an At Home reception as well! Once I finalize, I will post pictures. I ended up paying someone to make them (friend of a friend) but I got a great deal. ribbonsandbows.com: The Leading Ribbons and Bows Site on the Net I am happy with them because I get to incorporate my deep red color with a beach theme.

Trash the dress- Haven't found any great deals. I was thinking of looking on craigslist for something under $150 but that's tough! Plus it's tough to find someone that is my size but hasn't made the dress too short for me (I am 5'9"). Although if I am in the water, you might not notice the lack of length!

I think Ipod and my own speakers are going to be my DJ. I got a one day visit to IMP and since I know the resort is never very full, I don't think it will be an issue to hang out at the open bar/restaurant area/beach area.

Welcome Reception- I am planning on doing an unofficial cocktail reception on Friday night. I am just telling everyone in my OOT welcome books to meet in the lobby at 5pm for drinks. I don't want to plan a private event since we are all staying at that hotel! For the guests staying elsewhere, they will pry miss this event. It's just hard to spend a lot of extra money for the handful of people staying elsewhere.

My OOT Bags- I have to share with you ladies. I got a random inspiration to make wine charms with a sea theme. I am really happy with how they turned out so I will try to take some pictures this weekend. I decided this would be something fun to go into each bag that my guests will use in the future (they all love wine).

Is anyone getting their hair and make-up done at the resort? It's included in my package. I am trying to find the exact style I want and get pictures of it to show the stylist. I am also going to the MAC counter at Nordstroms and having them do my make-up. I am going to purchase their foundation power from them as it's a much lighter weight make-up to wear on the beach. I also had them do a face map of my shadows and colors so I can just hand this to the person at the salon. Do you think this is rude? I am just afraid of looking like a clown with too much makeup!

Yes, it's crunch time!!!!!!

Hi ladies!

We are booked at IMP for June 20, 2009. Looks like we're going to have 20-30 people - not quite enough to qualify for the 20 rooms and free events/rooms dang it ; )

I ordered our invites thru Prim and Pixie. They've been great to work with. Kinda pricey but since we only needed 30 figured I could splurge.

An aunt of mine who is going is a professional photgrapher so that' really going to save on costs. I did book Cecilia Dumas for a TTD session the day after the wedding - Wedding photography | Cecilia Dumas, Cancun y Riviera Maya | Imagenes de Bodas

For the reception we chose the Mayan menu - I think we're just going to go the ipod route as well - the dj think seems way to expensive and not worth it for how many people we're having. Are you guys going to do any sort of table centerpieces?

Are you guys scheduling other events for the guests? We're putting together a golf day and a day to go to Garrafon park but other than that I'm hoping people are just okay with chilling out at the pool and on the beach.

Crunch time is right!

Hi ladies!

We are booked at IMP for June 20, 2009. Looks like we're going to have 20-30 people - not quite enough to qualify for the 20 rooms and free events/rooms dang it ; )

I ordered our invites thru Prim and Pixie. They've been great to work with. Kinda pricey but since we only needed 30 figured I could splurge.

An aunt of mine who is going is a professional photgrapher so that' really going to save on costs. I did book Cecilia Dumas for a TTD session the day after the wedding - Wedding photography | Cecilia Dumas, Cancun y Riviera Maya | Imagenes de Bodas

For the reception we chose the Mayan menu - I think we're just going to go the ipod route as well - the dj think seems way to expensive and not worth it for how many people we're having. Are you guys going to do any sort of table centerpieces?

Are you guys scheduling other events for the guests? We're putting together a golf day and a day to go to Garrafon park but other than that I'm hoping people are just okay with chilling out at the pool and on the beach.

Crunch time is right!