ATTN: fellow Canadians..an AI pkg question..

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ours is going to vary... We'll be at the Iberostar resort (they are all AI), and depending which Iberostar the guest stay at will between ~1200 (Lindo) to ~ 1500 (Maya) to ~2000 (Grand) for 4 nights... this is just for the hotels. We have everyone flying in from everywhere in Canada, so the flights will be different.

Just a word of caution when comparing with other people's quotes, the price varies a lot depending on

• the resort (even among 5 star resorts the price varies a lot)
  • how far in advance you book (prices are in the middle range when booked a year or so in advance. After that they can go up or down in the months leading up to departure)
  • when you are travelling (hurricane season in the cheapest, Christmas and spring break the most expensive, all other times fall in teh middle but there is still a lot of variation)
  • Departure city (Toronto is by far the cheapest - other eastern travel hubs such as Ottawa, Montreal and Halifax are reasonable, the prairies can be a lot more because they are smaller markets, the west can be more expensive for the Mayan since travel distance is far)

I just see so often people will compare their price to one specific other person and be surprised that the price difference is huge and blame it on the TA but often one of the above factors is at play (and often people only consider one or two of these factors, not all 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelannmartin View Post
Our wedding party leaves March 12th from Toronto and we scored a group deal (10+ people) for $1399 + tax for Dreams Tulum! We worked out with our TA well in advance as we feared that the prices would skyrocket. We received this quote in May 2008...people are now being quoted $2100+ for the very same vacation. If you have any other questions don't hesitate....best of luck and congrats :o)
But it may come back down a lot closer to the departure date. The prices often have a tendency to jump up 6 months before and then back down a couple months before. (not saying your initial price wasn't good though - it sounds great for the security of booking a year in advance)

Reeeeally good points!! A lot of brides will feel better to know these things I think. Even I was wondering how I got such a good deal, but now that I am reading that Toronto is the cheapest departure city it sort of makes sense.

plane.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBride View Post
Just a word of caution when comparing with other people's quotes, the price varies a lot depending on

• the resort (even among 5 star resorts the price varies a lot)
  • how far in advance you book (prices are in the middle range when booked a year or so in advance. After that they can go up or down in the months leading up to departure)
  • when you are travelling (hurricane season in the cheapest, Christmas and spring break the most expensive, all other times fall in teh middle but there is still a lot of variation)
  • Departure city (Toronto is by far the cheapest - other eastern travel hubs such as Ottawa, Montreal and Halifax are reasonable, the prairies can be a lot more because they are smaller markets, the west can be more expensive for the Mayan since travel distance is far)

I just see so often people will compare their price to one specific other person and be surprised that the price difference is huge and blame it on the TA but often one of the above factors is at play (and often people only consider one or two of these factors, not all 4)

We are paying about $1550 from Toronto to the Melia Caribe in Punta Cana for the end of April 2009. We booked 3 months ago and we are adding 4 additional people this month and the price is now $1750. So it definately depends when you book!