Legal Requirements

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 athena

• 76 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:00 PM

I've tried searching the forum, but I haven't found any concrete information. I was wondering if an area could be set up to layout the legal requirements for marriage for the various destinations depending on which country you reside in. Also, it would be great to give the actually addresses/phone numbers to get the documents completed before travel. If this is already here, please just point me in the proper direction.
    (I got my documentation back, I'm just still worried that it hasn't been done properly!)
    Thanks Athena
    Our Wedding Photo Slideshow (Using Funever's Photos)

My Royal Playa del Carmen Wedding Review - Very Long

#2 SarahandTrevor

• 18 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:33 AM

Hi Athena,
      I agree with you that there should be a forum dicussion to help brides get the right info about the area where they are getting married. How many thousands of Canadian/American brides get married in Mexico yearly Someone must know how to proceed correctly.

FI and I have also been struggling to get correct info on the process to have a civil ceremony in Playa del Carmen. We are also getting married a the Royal and we are Canadians living in the U.S. so everything has to be mailed back and forth to Canada. It is so confusing. I get a different answer everytime I talk to anyone at the Embassy of Mexico in Ottawa or any Cdn government agency in general. I will PM you with the info we have received so far. We will figure it out together. So glad I found your post.

#3 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:41 AM

It would be a good idea to have a place that everyone can go to find out the requirements to get married in the different countries. I was looking into the legal requirements for the Dominican but we ended up doing the legal ceremony here instead to save the $ and headache.
        My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#4 Riu Mambo Bride to be

Riu Mambo Bride to be
        • 81 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:38 PM

I am getting Married in Puerto Plata Dominican Republic as well and HAVE NO IDEA what I need to do for paperwork!! I am from calgary, Alberta Canada. Any information on this would be fantastic.. This is the thing that is kindof freakin me out... lol

#5 lilsarahmae

• 75 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:31 PM

That would be great I'm getting Married in punta cana I did here about wedo.com.do that dose translations for the documents but was wondering if there we other sight to compare with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users