"Twilight" Series and Movie Discussion--WARNING! Spoilers!

lovefreddy

jennifer, i swear the reason i am so excited to read these books and see the movie is all due to you and your FB posts :) i keep looking at target and costco but i cant find all 4 of the books in paperback. i want to have a matched set like my harry potter set, but softcover. its too hard to carry around hardcover books! so as soon as i fiind them all at once i'll buy them, i dont want to buy just one and be too tempted to read it all in one night then not be able to find the next one!

i've noticed that some places have the first book with the movie picture on the cover, but i want the plain apple one, so the whole set matches. :) i'm a book cover snob!

ps jennifer, you can go as crazy as you like on the books/movies, at least your not screaming and crying like a 12 yr old at a concert, like i'll be doing on saturday! woohoo!

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
jennifer, i swear the reason i am so excited to read these books and see the movie is all due to you and your FB posts :) i keep looking at target and costco but i cant find all 4 of the books in paperback. i want to have a matched set like my harry potter set, but softcover. its too hard to carry around hardcover books! so as soon as i fiind them all at once i'll buy them, i dont want to buy just one and be too tempted to read it all in one night then not be able to find the next one!

i've noticed that some places have the first book with the movie picture on the cover, but i want the plain apple one, so the whole set matches. :) i'm a book cover snob!

ps jennifer, you can go as crazy as you like on the books/movies, at least your not screaming and crying like a 12 yr old at a concert, like i'll be doing on saturday! woohoo!

Haha, I've done the screaming like a 12 year old, at both Backstreet Boys and NSYNC concerts, and I'm not ashamed to admit it! :-)

So you've noticed the FB updates? heehee, ooops. And I thought I was being vague (insert sarcasm here) blush2.gif

You'll unfortunately have to wait a while to get all four in paperback, Eclipse is being released in April or May 2009, and lord only knows how long it will be for Breaking Dawn. In the past it was usually about a year from publication in hardcover that they were released in paperback, but The DaVinci Code and its ability to continue selling in hardcover for more than two years that threw that out the window.

Hope you do enjoy the books once you get the chance to read them! Just try to ignore the crazy hype (ha, like that's possible) and go into reading them with an open mind. They're not for everyone, but as you have noticed, I personally was completely taken over.

Have fun at the concert!!! I'm so jealous! (but in the good way)

smile123.gifsmile123.gifthewave.gifsmile123.gifsmile123.gif

smile159.gifsmile159.gifsmile159.gifsmile159.gif

OMG! This morning as I was driving to work I try to win this trivia contest. Both me and DH have won before. Dh twice. But I didnt know the answer. Well then she says she's giving 4 pack tickets to the midnight showing of Twilight later. Well I get to work so I don't hear any more about it. So at 11 I turn the radio on and I don't hear anything. By 1 I still haven't. So I take the little boy I watch out and we listen to the radio. So I call the station and the DJ answers and I ask how to win tickets. And she said when you hear a clip from the trailer then be the first called and then she said "And you'll never know when I'm gonna play it...." Giving me a hint. So I hang up and she plays it right then. I call back and I lose. sad.gif So I go through the drive through at Wendy's and they get my order wrong so I go back around and she plays the clip AGAIN! So I call and just as I'm being handed my fries she says I WIN! OMG! I won 4 tickets to see Twilight at Midnight tomorrow! So if anyone wants to fly in and see it with me Come on over! YAY!!

3 am just got back. LOVED it. Quick review. Glowing effect in sunlight SUCKED! House was nothing like the book (Cullens house) and her breathing made her look perpetually scared. And our film melted. Took half an hour to see the last two minutes of the film (see blog) but other than that they stuck true to the book (unlike Harry Potter). I loved it.

I just started reading the first one. Bought it yesterday cause I wanted to see what all the hoopla was about! So far I like it I'm barely 30 pages in so I'm excited cause all my friends have raved about it.

Calia- how fun that you won those tickets!

Abbie- I boughtmine at Barnes and Noble and the guy said that there is only paperback for the first 3 books- the others are only hard cover. Barnes and Nobles has both covers for the 1st book. I got the apple one but they also carry the movie cover. just an fyi. I'm a cover snob too!

You should read the review on MSN.com , it pretty accurate.

Calia, I agree that the glowing effect in the sun was crap, it looked like he was either

A) really sweaty or

B) had lots of blond baby hairs....

Also agree about the house, it was supposed to be more like and old victorian, but the house they had was GORGEOUS!

I also did not like those wings behind his head in the biology lab glass, the first time they sit next to each other...

Also, the big sceen at the baseball field with James and the other VAmps, WHAT WAS THAThuh.gif just a HISS and we are supposed to be scared? My big furry cat has a few missing teeth and he hisses better than that...

The chatter all over the theater after was lke ''it was ok, not great'' even heard 'BAD'' a few times....

It felt like the production company was in a hurry to get it out, because of the hype and didn't take the time to have it screened and critiqued.

Oh.. and what was up with JASPERhuh.gif He had like 2 lines AND he looked permantly grumpy and shell shocked (really reminded me of Jonny Depp in Edward Scissor hands, minus the creppy hands of course).

Over all, ok movie, it will make loads of $$$ because of the fan base, but they will have to really kick it in gear for the sequel.

I'm going to try not to gush, but I LOVED the movie. I'm already itching to go again with my husband's mother, or anyone who will go with me. popcorn.gif

About the only problem I had with the movie was the under-usage of the entire Cullen family. Here's hoping there are a good deal of cut out scenes waiting to be revealed when the DVD is released.

The actors they chose to play Bella's human friends were just PERFECT. They couldn't have picked a better Mike if they tried. And Jacob, well, it felt like the words had just crawled off the page into the body of Taylor Lautner (the actor who played Jacob). He was just perfect.

All in all, I thought it was a really good representation of the story. To try to fit everything from the five hundred page book into a two hour movie would be impossible, but they stayed true to the heart of the book and that's the important thing. There have been movies in the past that I was just angry after seeing, because they left so much out (The Cider House Rules being the top of that list).

So when does New Moon come outhuh.gif? blush2.gif