Photo

"Twilight" Series and Movie Discussion--WARNING! Spoilers!

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

#361 Nicyx

Nicyx
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:24 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by beachbunni307
    Funny, I see people on the thread saying that they liked New Moon better than Twilight....and I actually thought the opposite. I didn't hate New Moon, but I enjoyed the first one better. I'm not all too surprised though...since New Moon was also my least favorite book.
    Im with you here :-)

As much as i love the whole saga, New Moon just didnt have the same effect on me as Twilight (Im not a Jocob fan AT ALL), and I cant wait for Eclipse as I love the book and as for breaking dawn... well thats another story..... ARGH!!!! I just love it :-)

Watched Twilight a million times & New Moon 3 times and I feel a Twilight/New moon morning tomorow (im off work), FI hasnt and wont watch any of them with me, He says no-way, but i know its only coz he'll love them and he wont want to admit it!!! LOL x

x

#362 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:32 PM

Well, I've had my movie since Friday but haven't had a chance to watch it! Sad I know!

I want to watch it by myself because DH has been teasing me incessantly and randomly shouting "Team Edward" like a 13 year old girl from various parts of the house, since it arrived. (He is a Dragonball Z fan and he plays WOW so he has no room to mock me.)

Too bad I can't work the DVD without him. There are way too many remotes involved! LOL

#363 Shoesiesluvr

Shoesiesluvr
      • 2,727 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:44 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by beachbunni307
        Funny, I see people on the thread saying that they liked New Moon better than Twilight....and I actually thought the opposite. I didn't hate New Moon, but I enjoyed the first one better. I'm not all too surprised though...since New Moon was also my least favorite book. I felt like it dragged and was a little boring...but a necessary evil to the rest of the story.
        I agree with you 100% on this. Reading the book was a drag but yet I tugged along just because ITS TWILIGHT! you cannot bypass this book nor the movie lol It helps fill that void until Eclipse comes out.
        He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
        My Planning Thread

#364 Cassie

Cassie
        • 5,341 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:52 PM

wow I was shocked to see this... can't wait to read it!

Stephenie Meyer's New 'Twilight' Book Introduces a Surprising New Heroine

Well before "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse" hits theaters on June 30, "Twilight" fans will be treated to a new glimpse into author Stephenie Meyer's vampire universe.

On June 5, the 36-year-old multimillionaire author will release "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner," a novella that takes place concurrently with the events in the third "Twilight" book, "Eclipse." Only this time, the bloody tale of revenge and romance will be told from the perspective of Bree, a "newborn" vampire recruited by antagonist Victoria (to be played by Bryce Dallas Howard in the upcoming film) to kill human heroine Bella Swan (played, of course, by Kristen Stewart).

If fans are confounded by the news that a minor character from the series is the star of the first "Twilight" book in two years, they're not the only ones. "It's a surprise...I never intended to publish this story as a stand-alone book," Meyer says on her website. "I began this story a long time ago-before Twilight was even released. Back then I was just editing Eclipse, and in the thick of my vampire world.... I started writing from Bree's perspective about those final days, and what it was like to be a newborn."

The short story was originally slated for the upcoming tome The Twilight Saga: The Official Guide, but when Meyer's publisher informed her it was far too lengthy for inclusion, they decided to release it as a separate book instead.

Anyone skeptical that the wildly successful vampire-genre author is just trying to bleed her fans for more money can rest easy-starting June 7 at noon and until July 5, the entire story will be available at Coming June 5, 2010! for free. "You all have bought a ton of my books," Meyer noted on her site. "I wanted to give you this story as a gift."

The book will also be released in hardcover by Little, Brown on June 5. One dollar from the first 1.5 million copies sold in the U.S. will go to will go to the American Red Cross International Response Fund to help ease crises like those in Chile and Haiti.

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW

Before Meyer decided to release "Bree Tanner" to the public, however, this short story was lent to "Eclipse" screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg to help her understand how Victoria-the vampire set on making Bella and Edward pay for her lover's death-created her army of newborn vampires, and to provide details of the vampires' feeding frenzy in Seattle.

Readers of the novel may recall Bree's unique role in Eclipse-she was the only newborn vampire left alive after the Cullens (the good bloodsuckers) triumphed. But as the title indicates, Bree's second life didn't last very long. After being tortured by a member of the Volturi, Jane (played by Dakota Fanning in the film), Bree was destroyed for breaking the cardinal vampire rule: Don't reveal yourself recklessly to humans.
          Married! -- July 11, 2010

"I hope your marriage lasts 10 dog years" -- what my 4 yr old flower girl had my sister write in my guest book!

My Planning Thread

#365 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
          • 5,078 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:07 AM

Yay! I need to read Midnight Sun but its hard to read it online! I want another book...im hoping she'll write one more after Breaking Dawn.

#366 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
            • 5,649 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:17 AM

Di - Read Midnight Sun asap, I actually enjoy reading from Edward's POV much more than Bella's. I wish she would re-write the entire series from his POV to be honest lol.

Also, I will definitely be picking up this novella.

#367 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
              • 5,078 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:25 AM

Is there a hard copy somewhere online? I much rather to read it as a copy.

#368 Nicyx

Nicyx
                • 2,914 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:24 PM

I dont think i have the whole of MIDNIGHT SUN any one have a link ? i think mine is only partial? x THANKS xoxox

#369 Jenn79

Jenn79
                  • 625 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:09 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Lady_Di
                    Is there a hard copy somewhere online? I much rather to read it as a copy.
                    As far as I know, there are no hard copies available, and the link on her site is security protected to avoid any issues with improper distribution. I've heard there's a way around that by using the PrintScreen button on your keyboard, but I haven't tried it so I'm not too sure if it works

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Nicyx
                    I dont think i have the whole of MIDNIGHT SUN any one have a link ? i think mine is only partial? x THANKS xoxox
                    The whole of Midnight Sun doesn't exist yet, only the first twelve chapters that you can read here. Her draft copy was leaked on the net a couple years ago, and Stephenie has yet to decide whether she will finish it.
                    Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
                    Review Pictures Pro Pictures
                    "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#370 Nicyx

Nicyx
                    • 2,914 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:29 PM

Thank you Jenn79 :-) x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users