Photo

"Twilight" Series and Movie Discussion--WARNING! Spoilers!

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

#201 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:36 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ErinB
    I like the second song better.

I think the reason I wasn't a fan of the "official" lullaby is because of the soundtrack version. DOn't get me wrong, it is a beautiful song, but it is played with a full orchestal background. IMO it needed to be a piano solo.
    Erin, I totally agree with everything you just said! I like the Yiruma song better for the "lullaby" and I loved the Carter Burwell song too, but as you said, I much prefer it as a piano solo than with a complete orchestra.

#202 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
    • 444 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:44 PM

I think I'm going to play one of those songs during the ceremony while the guests getting settled...is the OTT?

#203 jackobelle

jackobelle
      • 359 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:10 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Cassondra2009
        I think I'm going to play one of those songs during the ceremony while the guests getting settled...is the OTT?

No, I bet a lot of them won't even recognize it...they might think it is familiar. They are both beautiful & romantic songs.

#204 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
        • 5,649 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:36 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Cassondra2009
          I hope it's not OTT, I used the Yiruma song for my wedding picture slideshow, hehe Also, if you loved River Flows in You then you'll love Kiss the Rain by Yiruma as well....another consideration possibly?

Here it is on youtube:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wSG_qSXB_n8

Enjoy!

#205 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
          • 444 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:24 PM

I have a confession to make...I've been SERIOUSLY obsessed with Twilight today. I watched the movie TWICE this morning...and then read the manuscript online (again). What is wrong with me?!?!?!? I can't stop...I may need an intervention!

#206 jackobelle

jackobelle
            • 359 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:38 PM

I have a question for you ladies...what books out of the 4 would you say are inappropriate for children?

I teach at an elementary school and I have noticed a few kids at the school in 3rd - 6th grade (9 - 12 year olds) reading them. I know the first book is pretty safe, but when does the sexual stuff happen? Is it in the 3rd or 4th book? (I read them all in such a short time that they all flow together now!) The kids are bringing the books from home and I'd like to advise parents who probably just saw the movie and think these books are fine for kids. I personally don't think kids that young should even be reading any of them. Even without the sex, there is a lot of kissing and scary parts. Also the love story borders on the lines of obsession and I don't think that is such a good influence for young children.

What do you guys think?

#207 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
              • 3,347 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:40 PM

They start talking about it in the 3rd book but they don't actually have sex till the 4th I believe. And then there are no "details" about it, just that it happened... I'm not a good judge on this as my kids see a ton of stuff on TV that they probably shouldn't! lol. But I was right there with you on being concerned about my 13 year old reading it until I read it and realized that it wasn't that bad for her but maybe younger, I don't know.
                ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#208 BillysBride

BillysBride
                • 1,255 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:15 PM

The sex is a non-issue to me; they are married and over the legal age of consent. If, by the time a kid is CAPABLE of getting through the fourth book, by all means...they should know that married people have sex. lol

The problems I see for young readers are mostly about an inability to seperate reality from fiction. But overall, I honestly think that the stuff that could truly have a negative impact on a young reader (ie, control in a relationship and the like) is of such a nature that it flies right over the heads of anyone too young to really get it. So it doesn't really matter.

If you haven't seen this blog..PLEASE check it out, and maybe your FI/H's would get a laugh out of it too. It's Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
                  http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#209 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                  • 5,649 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:10 AM

lol Savannah, that is priceless, especially the last "poster"

#210 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 5,369 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:44 AM

Savannah haha I love it!! I agree the last poster is hilarious!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users