"Twilight" Series and Movie Discussion--WARNING! Spoilers!

lovefreddy

Alrighty FI and I went yesterday and I enjoyed it!

I have to say I was team Jacob for this movie lol. His role was so major and he was sooo hot! And Edward wasnt really around. I also guess I missed the weird nipple. I didnt see it! or wasnt paying enough attention.

SO all in all I liked the movie.. even though this was my least favorite book. I think I need to go back and read it again maybe it will be my new favorite.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went for the second time tonight with my mom blush2.gif

Loved it just as much! And while our theatre was full, there was no crazy line to speak of. So if anyone is thinking of going, weeknights seem to be the way to go...except for Tuesdays if your theatre does cheap nights, then it will likely be a madhouse.

Okay my turn to weigh in. I'm Team Jacob but not because I think Bella should be with Jacob rather than Edward but just because I honestly liked his character better. And I just feel so bad for him. lol.

As for the movie, took my 13 year old sister to the midnight showing. Reminded me how much I love her because we sat there texting each other observations of the people waiting in line around us

All in all I thought it was better then the first one. I too had a love/hate relationship with Twilight. As much as we all loved Robert Pattinson and some of the scenes, not to mention the amazing soundtrack, it was hopelessly cheesy and Kristin Stewart tries too hard. Don't know if I'm the only one that feels this way but from the books, I wanted Bella to look more..."normal" I guess in the movies. Her hair is way too perfect.

I think they did a lot better with New Moon. The change in directors made a HUGE difference. Just some thoughts...

~The one liners were priceless, I laughed so much during this movie and I think that was a great direction for them to take.

~ It seems like the special effects were kind of made to be over the top cheesy. Like the jumping to the window scene, or the wolves fighting and knocking over a camera on the way into the forest?

~ The scene where Edward leaves her needed a ton more emotion, but we already know that Kristin Stewart isn't capable of that so I guess I shouldn't have expected too much.

~I loved both Charlie and Alice in this one. They both had great screen time and became better individual characters like they are in the book.

~ The depression sequence was alright, didn't care too much for the e-mail angle and once again, her hair was too perfect. Come on, how many of us have hair like that when we're moping around the house?

~ The Edward visions? I know its hard to visually portray hearing his voice and seeing his face in her head but really?? The part in the water was just the worst, people in the theater were laughing at how ridiculous it was, totally killed what could have been a thematic moment.

~ The Volturi was great and makes me look forward to seeing more of them...Jane was so cold it was amazing to see her like that.

~Jacob was...sigh...I feel like a preteen. Also, the cougar jokes make me feel less bad about finding him so beautiful. haha. And I'm sorry but, whatever team you're on, you can't deny that seeing his hunky self without a shirt most of the movie made Edward taking his shirt off seem less exciting, something was going on with his chest...not doing it for me anymore lol.

Okay I'm done...Gotta say though, these movies have the most amazing scenery. (Minus the Phoenix parts, I get to see that everyday) Makes me want to move up to the Pacific Northwest and buy an old truck.

Thank you ladies for entertaining me, FI gives me such a hard time about my mini obsession with the books and for going to see the movies.

Future Mrs. Kt Ellis - I totally agree with everything you said! lol Very accurate write up, imo.

P.S. Edward's "abs" were painted on for the movie and they looked it...probably why that was such a let down....plus the weird-ass nipple thing rofl.gif

The kid that plays Jake is ripped, that is craaazzzzyyy for someone his age. He totally worked his ass off! :)

• 2 weeks later...

So...Better late than never right?

I have been hearing about Twilight forever...And I really never understood the hype. I remember I asked a friend about it, when the first movie came out, and they said, "Oh it's for kids"..So I dropped it.

Then the more I saw Kristen Stewart on award shows & what not the more I really hated her..lol She seems miserable or high all the time and she just rubs me the wrong way...So again, I had no interest in the movies.

I am a BIG reader...My mom & me trade books back and fourth daily. So I happen to be in between books and My 12 year old neice mentioned that she had Twilight & New Moon. Well last wednesday, I went & got them from her.

Let me just say, I was done Twilight in LESS than 24 hours time. I was so hooked. I was drawn in and I just don't know how to put it into words....LOL

Then my friend told me about Midnight Sun being on the internet, so I went to the Authors website and there it was...All 264pgs of it. So I read that in about 5 hours or less (Can't remember), even though it's unfinished & it's just Twilight from Edwards mind, I loved it just the same.

Then I started New Moon. I tried to make it last..I really did, but I was done that in two days (Not straight reading).

This series has taken over, I can't think of anything else, I had to make myself go right to bed last night and not continue reading Eclipse (which I just started yesterday morning) because I will read until I can't stay awake any longer & then I am late for work! :-)

Someone loaned me the Twilight movie (didn't watch it yet) and my best friend promised to go see New Moon with me, even though she has never read the books or seen the first movie.

I just can't believe I have waited this long to get into this series. Had I known it was this good & I would get this drawn into it, I would have never waited.

I am not even halfway through eclipse & I already am having urges to keep reading and not put it down (I almost missed my stop on the subway this morning!) The bad thing is, my brother in law & his family are coming in from out of town this weekend until tuesday and I am wondering if it would be rude to read my book while they are there?..LOL probably so...That wouldn't make me a very good host. Not sure that I will be able to refrain :-(

I just wish the next book wasn't the last :-(

Anyway, I have read some other posts on here and I know alot of you feel the same, so i thought since I am new to this craziness I would weigh in.

I am completely & uutterly Addicted & although I am not attracted to Robert Pattinson in the least, I am so in love with Edward Cullen :) hahaha

LOL another addict, welcome PhillyBride! wink.gif Personally, Eclipse is my favorite book of the 4. Breaking Dawn was ok I guess but kind of weird/crazy...I was a bit let down by it but that's just me.

I started reading the House of Night series after I finished the Twilight series (to get my supernatural/vampire fix) and it is a great series, I highly recommend it. I am enjoying reading it as much as I enjoyed the Twilight books, maybe even more.

More recently, I read Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, it's basically like Twilight but angels instead of vampires. It's a good easy read, nevertheless...I really enjoyed it, can't wait for the sequel next October!

i was really late getting into the whole twilight phenomenon, but i must say my 8 year old daughter loves it! my FI gets so annoyed cause she constantly asks him if hes team edward or jacob and he could honestly care less, even though he humored us by going to see the movies lol

i was really late getting into the whole twilight phenomenon, but i must say my 8 year old daughter loves it! my FI gets so annoyed cause she constantly asks him if hes team edward or jacob and he could honestly care less, even though he humored us by going to see the movies lol