"Twilight" Series and Movie Discussion--WARNING! Spoilers!

lovefreddy

not going to lie ladies.. ive read all of the books.. and have watched twilight AT LEAST 15 times since it came out in theatres... Im glad this thread has been open since it seems fitting that Bella and Edward go away to an island for their honeymoon!!! kinda like us ladies.. except we are gettin married/were married in paradise

i really dont mind there being sex in the books.. and i really felt that they held it off toooo long LOL!!!...

i think that Stephenie Meyer is being a bit of a whiner about the whole leak.. she will still make money because people are going to want to get a piece of edwards POV... and lets face it.. not to many people want to read a whole book online!!!

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That draft of Midnight Sun is awesome, I would love for her to finish writing it someday. I find it much more enjoyable from Edward's perspective to be honest seeing as in the first book Bella is a bit psycho-obsessive and her adjectives describing Edward over and over and over get irritating by the end of the first one...thank goodness she calms down in the other three haha.

Am I the only one who hated Bella in Eclipse? lol Seriously..you have the "perfect" man whose willing to kill or be killed for you, insanely wealthy, committed and gorgeous.....and you can't let go of a dog?

I just kept flipping pages saying "Hooker, please. Get over it already."

billysbride - lmao you are too funny!! I personally felt like Bella was pretty annoying in all of the books, especially the first one. You'd think she'd eventually run out of ways to talk about how gorgeous and perfect Edward is...we get it, he's amazing! lol I actually enjoyed Eclipse. I thought the rivalry between Edward and Jacob to be pretty hilarious, they both had some good one-liners. I know Jacob is unpopular but I really love him as a character in the series...but he is way too good for Bella (as is Edward but hey someone's gotta be with her I guess). I thought it would have been cute to have him get together with that girl wolf...I can't believe I don't remember her name right now haha. Anyway, I don't think it happened in the books because he saw her as more of a sister...that and well everything that happens in book 4 lol. Sorry for rambling hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009 View Post
billysbride - lmao you are too funny!! I personally felt like Bella was pretty annoying in all of the books, especially the first one. You'd think she'd eventually run out of ways to talk about how gorgeous and perfect Edward is...we get it, he's amazing! lol I actually enjoyed Eclipse. I thought the rivalry between Edward and Jacob to be pretty hilarious, they both had some good one-liners. I know Jacob is unpopular but I really love him as a character in the series...but he is way too good for Bella (as is Edward but hey someone's gotta be with her I guess). I thought it would have been cute to have him get together with that girl wolf...I can't believe I don't remember her name right now haha. Anyway, I don't think it happened in the books because he saw her as more of a sister...that and well everything that happens in book 4 lol. Sorry for rambling hehe.
Leah! yea..I agree, I kept waiting for it to "click" between her and Jacob, but then the minute he started acting all whacked out over Bella while she's preggers, I was like "Ah, hell..he's gonna imprint on the kid." Ugh.

Thing that really irritated me about Breaking Dawn in particular is that they never allowed us to see Edward bond with his own child. Clearly he loved her and all that...but...damn, the entire book spent more time focusing on a bunch of vamps that we didn't know or care about showing up than it did on the central characters we fell for to begin with. I wanted romance and family bonding and got a dozen "nomad" vampires that I have no desire to ever read about again. Bleh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillysBride View Post
Leah! yea..I agree, I kept waiting for it to "click" between her and Jacob, but then the minute he started acting all whacked out over Bella while she's preggers, I was like "Ah, hell..he's gonna imprint on the kid." Ugh.

Thing that really irritated me about Breaking Dawn in particular is that they never allowed us to see Edward bond with his own child. Clearly he loved her and all that...but...damn, the entire book spent more time focusing on a bunch of vamps that we didn't know or care about showing up than it did on the central characters we fell for to begin with. I wanted romance and family bonding and got a dozen "nomad" vampires that I have no desire to ever read about again. Bleh.
OMG, I totally agree with all of the above! I liked the fourth book enough but you are totally right! Where was Edward bonding with Renesmee? Instead we have Bella being OVER protective (and personally a little psycho about it, but then again I don't have kids so I guess maybe I don't understand fully...). I would have loved to read more about Edward, Bella, Jacob, Renesmee and the Cullenses rather than all of the nomads. I'm going to read all four books again but I know there's a few things I'm going to not care to read this time around haha.