Did you meet your fiance online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicmicj View Post
My fiance and I met online which a lot of people think is weird when we tell them. We met online at BlackPlanet.com and chatted for a month before we even talked on the phone and met. Chatting online for a month helped us just ask each other questions and get a lot of things out in the open. We finally met for dinner in July 2006 at Cheddar's and took things slow. We didn't rush anything either and have been going strong ever since. We finally got engaged in August 2008!!!

Meeting online is becoming more popular these days with websites like eharmony and I think it can be a valuable tool for a lot of people. I never went out a lot so meeting online was right up my alley. The internet can work for some as long as things are not rushed!
Your idea is so wonderful !
koozies | great koozies | design koozies online

• 1 month later...

My fiance and I met on eharmony. I had never online dated but read an article on eharmony on the subway on my way into work and decided on a whim why not try it. Having never tried online dating i had no idea what to expect. On my very first day they sent me Jason. He is my perfect soul mate. If you have ever seen the commercials and thought they were actors, I can honestly say we are just like the commercial.

My future hubby and I met each other on line on lavalife. We spent about a good month sending emails back and forth and met up at starbucks for a coffee one afternoon when I was finishing up a nursing course at school. We hit it off, coffee turned into dinner. Dinner was fantastic (Red Robin haha, we go back every year for our dating anniversary!) and the rest is history. We got engaged on boxing day of this year when we were on Vancouver Island celebrating christmas with my family. The proposal was a scavenger hunt....everyone still cant believe I didnt have a clue that the ring was the final prize...ehehe). Anyways, on line is great. People still get kindof weird when we tell them how we met but it worked great for us :)

My fiance and I met online, in a more unusual way. I wasn't looking for anything serious. I had a profile up on a site that specializes in hmm...adult activities. I had just come out of a 10 year, really traumatic relationship...I was spending over a year finding myself again.

I received a message from him on Sunday morning, Sept. 1, 2008. I happened to be online at the same time so I replied quickly and asked if he was interested in hanging out that evening. He said sure. We met that evening and it was a quiet, low key get together. We watched tv and had takeout. We talked a lot and found out we had a ton of things in common. We set up a real date for a the following Friday night. At the end of that date, we stood outside the restaurant hugging each other and I felt like I finally found my home.

We dated for 14 months, got engaged last November. He has been at my side when my mom got diagnosed with lung cancer and when she passed away: 7 days after we got engaged. He could tell things were going down hill and he wanted her to know that I would be taken care of no matter what. Now we're slowly planning a wedding for June 2011.

I found my perfect match, on an adult website..of all the places!

My FI & I met online as well. I was going through a horrible divorce, not looking for anything but answers really so I went into an AOL divorce chat room. People were talking like they knew each other forever & I had no idea what they were talking about so I left the room. A few minutes later he sent me a PM asking what brought me to that chat room. We talked for 6 months and knew so much about each other. After my divorce was final we decided to meet. We had the greatest date at the aquarium and have been together ever since. He's wonderful & compliments me so well. I love knowing I have my best friend by my side.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, my fiance and I met on okcupid. Neither of us were looking for "the one" at the time, just interesting people in our area. Online dating seems to be a lot more common than in years past, since as far as I'm concerned, it is the most efficient way for young professionals in large cities to meet. I can honestly say I'm a lot less embarrassed saying I met him online than others that have to say "we met at a bar at 3am..." :)